Is My Radio Fried?

I have a 2001 LS430; I am having problems with my radio. My CD player works but the vol. knob on the radio does not. If I press on it does nothing, if I hit the AM or FM buttons they also do respond. Just a quick flash on the screen then it cuts off. Anyone have any of the same problems and knows how to fix it. I took it to the dealership; there only responses were to replace it for 800 dollars.

I have a 2001 LS430; I am having problems with my radio. My CD player works but the vol. knob on the radio does not. If I press on it does nothing, if I hit the AM or FM buttons they also do respond. Just a quick flash on the screen then it cuts off. Anyone have any of the same problems and knows how to fix it. I took it to the dealership; there only responses were to replace it for 800 dollars.

Are you looking for a direct replacement ? I will look to see if I have one.

Sounds like either bad switches or bad connections. Go to an auto audio shop and get them to test it. It might be a lot cheaper to repair than to replace.

Yes I am looking for a direct replacement with original equipment. I like the factory stereo a lot when it worked. I do have the steering wheel controls and I get nothing out of them. I originally looked into aftermarket stereo and they wanted to charge an arm and leg just for the mounting device for the new stereo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
can someone tell me what size the screen is in this car?

Mark Levinson Radio and CD player only, no Navigation.

Also does anyone know if I can swap Mark Levinson Radio and CD for the Panisonic Radio and CD player. I am curious if this hook ups are the same. This is all for a 2001 LS430. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Now my 2004 LS430 has the same problem. Have you fix the radio?

• 1 month later...

Now my 2004 LS430 has the same problem. Have you fix the radio?

I have a LX 470 w/the Levinson system. The FM volume is stuck at a barely audible level. AM and CD volume work fine. Dealer says I have to replace the whole system. Any ideas on repairs?? Obviously the speakers work b/c when I switch to CD (forgetting about the volume issue) the volume blows my ears!