Bluetooth On Gs300 With Treo 700wx

I used a Treo 650 with my GS300 bluetooth just fine -- no problems. Just got new Windows based Treo 700wx. It connects to the GS300 fine when I get in and even lets make or receive long calls if I start them right away (within a few minutes of startintg up). Howvber after 10 - 15 minutes I lose the bluetooth connection and have to stop the car and restart it to get the connection back.

Any idea? I hear from Verizon that the GS430 works ok. Does Lexus have an upgrade one can get???

Thanks all.

Newbie to the forum

There is no update for the Lexus. The Treo 700w is not listed as compatible anyway. Treos have always been hit of miss with their bluetooth. You might try updating the phone software and checking the Palm/Treo forum sites.

As noted - Lexus does not have an update nor do Palm or Verizon. I did find a fix tho!!

My car (2006 GS) sees my phone (Treo 700wx) OK and seems to work for a while, then stops. If I stop the car and restart the connection the comes back. Through trial and error I found out (I think) that if I leave the phone on (change power settings so it does not turn off) the bluetooth connection stays.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
my blackberry works fine but the address book won't synchronize somehow. when i hit the transfer data button, it asks me to "send" the data from my phone...i don't know how to do that...who do i ask???

On your BlackBerry, go to the Manage Connections icon on your home screen and select Bluetooth Options. Once in the Bluetooth Options, hit the Menu button and select "Transfer Address Book".

I am on Verizon Wireless, but the menu options should be the same if you are on a different carrier.

--Duckman