What Would You Do?

I brought in my brand new(265 miles) 2008 RX350 for ipod connection installation. Car was returned with a chip in the console shifter plate: a puncture in the passenger leather seat surface: and a scratch in the bumper and the front right quarter panel. I returned the vehicle immediately and after a week in the shop

the repairs were completed. For the aggravation the dealership comped the ipod kit charges. I thought I was done but weeks later when detailing the car I noticed another scratch in the lower door molding trim. The car has limited use as I work from home and now has only 650 miles after 3 months. My question is about bringing the car back for 1000 mile service and other services. How closely does one have to inspect a vehicle when picking it up after getting it serviced.

• 2 weeks later...
I brought in my brand new(265 miles) 2008 RX350 for ipod connection installation. Car was returned with a chip in the console shifter plate: a puncture in the passenger leather seat surface: and a scratch in the bumper and the front right quarter panel. I returned the vehicle immediately and after a week in the shop

the repairs were completed. For the aggravation the dealership comped the ipod kit charges. I thought I was done but weeks later when detailing the car I noticed another scratch in the lower door molding trim. The car has limited use as I work from home and now has only 650 miles after 3 months. My question is about bringing the car back for 1000 mile service and other services. How closely does one have to inspect a vehicle when picking it up after getting it serviced.

I would look it over pretty carefully from now on or at least until you've brought it in a few times and got it back free of damage. It's always best to point these things out BEFORE you leave the store!!!! Better yet, make the service advisor do a walkaround with you BEFORE you leave it with them and write it down and initial it. That way, later on, there is no question about who did it.

Good luck and enjoy your RX350!!