Where Can I Get Sport Pedals?

FYI most sport pedals are a joke and make it harder to control the brake and gas especially the clutch because of the lack of rubber in the designs.

Don't agree at all with that statement with regard to the OEM sports pedal set. One of the first things I did on my IS second gen Lux was to replace those nasty looking rubber pedals with the OEM alloy set, and yes I got them from Sewells. B)

Most of the non-OEM pedals require you to drill into the metal part of the pedal to mount them (NOT recommended). I would definitely stick with the OEM pedals from Sewell. In fact, I am ordering some this week for my '06 350 :)

FYI most sport pedals are a joke and make it harder to control the brake and gas especially the clutch because of the lack of rubber in the designs.

Don't agree at all with that statement with regard to the OEM sports pedal set. One of the first things I did on my IS second gen Lux was to replace those nasty looking rubber pedals with the OEM alloy set, and yes I got them from Sewells. B)

hey guys can ya'll tell me how to install them?

Yeah, I love the sport pedals, and how they look. Especially at night with the LED courtesy light under the dash! Man that looks good!

Apart from the gas pedal they slip over the base pedal after taking off the rubber ones that fit in similar way. The gas pedal plate is attached to it's arm by a split pin...remove it to take off the rubber pedal and re-insert it to fit the new one. Most people remove the complete gas pedal assembly which makes fitting easier, but I did it in situ with a small 'G' clamp and press pin. Removal is pretty easy as it's an electronic connection, not cable (see diagram). The split pin isn't shown on the diagram, but you can see the hole in arm and pedal.

3721es1.jpg

Apart from the gas pedal they slip over the base pedal after taking off the rubber ones that fit in similar way. The gas pedal plate is attached to it's arm by a split pin...remove it to take off the rubber pedal and re-insert it to fit the new one. Most people remove the complete gas pedal assembly which makes fitting easier, but I did it in situ with a small 'G' clamp and press pin. Removal is pretty easy as it's an electronic connection, not cable (see diagram). The split pin isn't shown on the diagram, but you can see the hole in arm and pedal.

3721es1.jpg

i dont think i can do all that. how much would the dealer cost?

3721es1.jpg

Whatever the hourly rate is. The parts are $400 from the dealer (not including labor).

3721es1.jpg

Whatever the hourly rate is. The parts are $400 from the dealer (not including labor).

The Sewell link that Bartkat posted shows the OEM sport pedal kit for $197.00 As long as it's a Toyota/Lexus part, the dealership will install it for you, for a fee of course. Or you can take them somewhere else and have them put on, or put them in yourself. It's not that hard at all. I think you could tackle it in less than an hour, easy!