China

nc211

In light of today's news about the dam with severe cracks in it, I've attached three photos from Google Earth, showing the dam. They're not very good, as there appears to be cloud cover when the satelite took the photos, but good enough to see. Just down stream, towards the bottom right of the photo, are the areas of the most destruction being reported on the news.

This isn't a good situation, to say the least. My prayers go out to those affected by this....

post-15797-1210784371_thumb.jpg

post-15797-1210784387_thumb.jpg

post-15797-1210784400_thumb.jpg

In light of today's news about the dam with severe cracks in it, I've attached three photos from Google Earth, showing the dam. They're not very good, as there appears to be cloud cover when the satelite took the photos, but good enough to see. Just down stream, towards the bottom right of the photo, are the areas of the most destruction being reported on the news.

This isn't a good situation, to say the least. My prayers go out to those affected by this....

Man is no match against mother nature. We build it and it will crumble. Sad but true.

Hopefully they can get it all repaired before anything more disasterous strikes...

News this morning said at least 18,000 people are still trapped under rubble. I don't know if that was everywhere or just in one city, but either way... how horrible.

And the D-Bag millitary gov't in "Burma" or "Myanmar" whatever you want to call it is snatching up all the supplies coming into there...

And gas in America jumped another $0.05 per gallon...

Makes you think, life could get a lot worse than high gas prices! :cheers:

That is a trajedy. I watch the news and I can only think how hard that must be for those people.

These tragic situations just keep occurring. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.

My company is having us product managers contact our vendors to ask if products / raw materials / logistics will be affected due to the quake. Our customers are asking to make sure deliveries will be ok. I feel terrible having to ask that in spite of the devastating news, will our products be ok? :(

I have some clients that were in China on vacation when the earthquake hit, they said had they been in that location a day later they'd have been in it.

Scary...