Egr Pipe Help Please

nll714

I have a 95 LS400 that has been making a very loud, "throaty" sound upon acceleration and assumed it was some sort of exhaust / muffler issue. It appears that the EGR pipe(s) / components are whats causing this noise. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so, how complex, and expensive, it was to get it fixed. Did it fix this issue if you had the same? Thanks.

Also, my 2yr old pulled the volume control knob off of my radio and now its gone. Any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement. Having trouble finding one online. Thanks again.

I have a 95 LS400 that has been making a very loud, "throaty" sound upon acceleration and assumed it was some sort of exhaust / muffler issue. It appears that the EGR pipe(s) / components are whats causing this noise. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so, how complex, and expensive, it was to get it fixed. Did it fix this issue if you had the same? Thanks.

Also, my 2yr old pulled the volume control knob off of my radio and now its gone. Any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement. Having trouble finding one online. Thanks again.

A cracked EGR pipe is a fairly common problem. My local Lexus dealer offered to fix mine for $600 (parts and labor), but I ended up caping it off instead-- for free and in less than 30 minutes by removing the bottom half of my completely severed egr pipe, shorting it a bit (sawed off the accordion piece), and folding it so that you get something that looks like the piece on the left....

post-1461-1210770725_thumb.jpg

For the radio, I'm not sure you can buy just a knob, but there are plenty of stock headunits on ebay and in junkyards.