Should I Paint My Calipers

Thanks for the tips guys. The more I think about it, I do think that the red is a bit "ricer." Now I just have to decide if I want Silver or Black and what color or lettering. Each would look great w/ the opposite color of lettering but both would look cool w/ red lettering. Not sure why i'm so stuck on red though. lol.

Thanks for the link Lazar. That is very helpful! I'll definitely post pics when i get around to doing it.

Also, here is a link to the Caliper paint that I found on Tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/g2/caliper_paint.jsp

Thanks for the tips guys. The more I think about it, I do think that the red is a bit "ricer." Now I just have to decide if I want Silver or Black and what color or lettering. Each would look great w/ the opposite color of lettering but both would look cool w/ red lettering. Not sure why i'm so stuck on red though. lol.

Took a slightly better pic of mine...looks a little better on the ground :D

20052008032vi2.jpg

Tango, that looks great! Good job. The caliper really sets up nice!

Thanks, the ceramic pads are pretty good too...hardly any dust compared to the originals :) Wasn't too sure of the colour coded centre discs on the Volks, but like them a lot now. I also sprayed the lug nuts to match, and have been surprised they haven't chipped at all when torquing up.

Tango, that looks great! Good job. The caliper really sets up nice!

Thanks, the ceramic pads are pretty good too...hardly any dust compared to the originals :) Wasn't too sure of the colour coded centre discs on the Volks, but like them a lot now. I also sprayed the lug nuts to match, and have been surprised they haven't chipped at all when torquing up.

Yeah, I was seriously considering going to the ceramics also. I've used EBC's and have never had any problems. So, I was going to let the dealership do the TSIB brake pad change first and see how that turns out. If it doesn't, then I was going to a ceramic pad also and see how that works out. DO you drive it hard? How are they holding up? how much grab, more or less than stock? What brake pads are you using?

I have the Obsidian Black on black. I have the windows tinted 20% all around, but I think I'm going to go darker all around, then black rims with polished lip rims.Lower it, Black lip kit, no spoiler, and a black rear window visor. Maybe black out the headlights and taillights. I may take your brake caliper design though! :) That really does look great.

Yeah, I was seriously considering going to the ceramics also. I've used EBC's and have never had any problems. So, I was going to let the dealership do the TSIB brake pad change first and see how that turns out. If it doesn't, then I was going to a ceramic pad also and see how that works out. DO you drive it hard? How are they holding up? how much grab, more or less than stock? What brake pads are you using?

I have the Obsidian Black on black. I have the windows tinted 20% all around, but I think I'm going to go darker all around, then black rims with polished lip rims.Lower it, Black lip kit, no spoiler, and a black rear window visor. Maybe black out the headlights and taillights. I may take your brake caliper design though! :) That really does look great.

The pads fitted are the OEM replacements from the part number on the TSIB (which I think have a ceramic based material). It's driven quite hard, and I 've found the pads to be more progressive than the originals... they don't have that slow speed sudden 'grab' which I didn't like at all. Little or no fade and minimum dusting compared with the originals which left my wheels completely black after relatively few miles.

Note the comparison is between my OEM IS250 rotors, calipers and pads after upgrading with the IS350/GS300 Mk3 set.....we only have one IS350 in the UK, and that is a Toms Supercharged version imported from Japan. We do have the IS-F, but again in very few numbers (150 this year)...and as I've said before, there's one hell of a difference in cost between the USA & UK....I had to pay more for my IS250 Se-L than you can buy an IS-F for in the USA :(

The pads fitted are the OEM replacements from the part number on the TSIB (which I think have a ceramic based material). It's driven quite hard, and I 've found the pads to be more progressive than the originals... they don't have that slow speed sudden 'grab' which I didn't like at all. Little or no fade and minimum dusting compared with the originals which left my wheels completely black after relatively few miles.

Note the comparison is between my OEM IS250 rotors, calipers and pads after upgrading with the IS350/GS300 Mk3 set.....we only have one IS350 in the UK, and that is a Toms Supercharged version imported from Japan. We do have the IS-F, but again in very few numbers (150 this year)...and as I've said before, there's one hell of a difference in cost between the USA & UK....I had to pay more for my IS250 Se-L than you can buy an IS-F for in the USA :(

That is obscene! So your saying that if the ISF sells in America for $65,000.00 which is 32,800. British pounds, or 41,180 Euro, that's what you paid for the IS250?

That is obscene! So your saying that if the ISF sells in America for $65,000.00 which is 32,800. British pounds, or 41,180 Euro, that's what you paid for the IS250?

Yes...a little more actually 33,000 Brit Pounds fully loaded...the IS-F here is just over 51,000 British pounds :censored: Rumour here is the LF-A is going to exceed £200,000. Oh and petrol (gas) has just exceeded $10.89 a gallon, although currently 65% of that is tax and due to go to 67% in September this year :cries: . Can I come and live over there permanently :D

Yes...a little more actually 33,000 Brit Pounds fully loaded...the IS-F here is just over 51,000 British pounds :censored: Rumour here is the LF-A is going to exceed £200,000. Oh and petrol (gas) has just exceeded $10.89 a gallon, although currently 65% of that is tax and due to go to 67% in September this year :cries: . Can I come and live over there permanently :D

But, but we aren't that far behind you. They are talking about $10 per gallon here in the not so distant future.

But, but we aren't that far behind you. They are talking about $10 per gallon here in the not so distant future.

What are your sources Smooth1? The highest estimate/prediction I have seen is $6/gallon, which is a far cry from $10! IMO, if gas hits $5/gallon as a NATIONAL average I think we will start to witness riots in the streets and strikes by the Teamsters Union :( I don't even want to think what would happen at $10/gallon!

What are your sources Smooth1? The highest estimate/prediction I have seen is $6/gallon, which is a far cry from $10! IMO, if gas hits $5/gallon as a NATIONAL average I think we will start to witness riots in the streets and strikes by the Teamsters Union :( I don't even want to think what would happen at $10/gallon!

I was some being a smarty, and more being a pessimist. :(