The Car Keeps Going On Forever....

Hi all,

I am new to these forums and I just want to say that the 1998 Lexus ES300 has got to be one of the most reliable vehicles on the road.... either that or I'm really lucky. I dunno about you guys but does 341,000+ km sound realistic for this vehicle if well maintained? My engine has been running smooth as silk. Everything seems to be functioning properly, and I got the vehicle when it was 330,000 km.

The only problems I have with it is that sometime the airbag light is flashing on constantly, and sometimes the yellow brake light on the dash turns on when I'm braking (I already checked the bulbs on the rear and they were fine). Does anyone know what these problems refer to?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I am new to these forums and I just want to say that the 1998 Lexus ES300 has got to be one of the most reliable vehicles on the road.... either that or I'm really lucky. I dunno about you guys but does 341,000+ km sound realistic for this vehicle if well maintained? My engine has been running smooth as silk. Everything seems to be functioning properly, and I got the vehicle when it was 330,000 km.

The only problems I have with it is that sometime the airbag light is flashing on constantly, and sometimes the yellow brake light on the dash turns on when I'm braking (I already checked the bulbs on the rear and they were fine). Does anyone know what these problems refer to?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to LOC jaeteriusD :) Where about's in Ontario are you?

If properly maintained, you can expect 500,000+ Km's on the ES.....no problem.

Do you have the owners manual for the car? You will be much better informed if you have one.....if you don't there are many sources to get one......e-bay, Lexus Canada etc. I assume the brake fluid level is fine?

:cheers: