Who Can Work On A Lexus?

gini

My 400 LS 1990 has a water leak...but I have been told by another Lexus owner not to let anyone but a Lexus mechanic work on it...is this right?..

<this topic has probably already been discussed>

The closest toyota product to an LS400 is a tundra truck.

thanks...I have a local mechanic, who says he can do it...but I am concerned..it is probably just a water pump...are they complex to put in?

The closest toyota product to an LS400 is a tundra truck.

thanks...I have a local mechanic, who says he can do it...but I am concerned..it is probably just a water pump...are they complex to put in?

They are fairly complex if you are a do-it-yourselfer, but replacing a water pump in an LS should be no problem for an experienced Toyota mechanic.

I would look for someone who specializes in Toyota products. I have found, at least in my area, that most independent mechanics that don't specialize in Toyota use aftermarket parts and do not use Toyota branded fluids, etc.

While not totally necessary in some people's minds, I prefer my car to be serviced with OEM parts and have "Toyota Red" coolant and the Toyota-branded transmission fluid. Just good peace of mind giving my car the stuff it was designed for.

I do most all maintenace on my LS and Camry myself so I don't have to worry about someone installing parts I don't like. It sounds like that is probably not the case for you. Use a good mechanic whose abilities you are confident in, and you shouldn't have to worry about how easy or hard installing a part is.