Steering Wheel Tilt

Could anyone give me some ideas or past experiences that you might have had with your steering wheel tilt having problems or fixing it? Maybe diagrams things to try/Test, fuses to check?

I have already looked at these posts:

Post #1

Post #2

It is not a Post #1 issue as I have attempted this & still get no results.

Telescopic (In & Out) work, Tilt (Up&Down) do not.

When I use the button to go up or down it does nothing, no noise, no movement. Now the dash board underneath of the steering column & everything I can not seem to get that off for the life of me. I've taken all the screws off & it seems to be somehow attached behind to something (not the bracket which slides over the steering column) which seems to be unreachable. I would like to do a step by step to cancel possibilities out, thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Could anyone give me some ideas or past experiences that you might have had with your steering wheel tilt having problems or fixing it? Maybe diagrams things to try/Test, fuses to check?

Post #1

Post #2

When I use the button to go up or down it does nothing, no noise, no movement. Now the dash board underneath of the steering column & everything I can not seem to get that off for the life of me. I've taken all the screws off & it seems to be somehow attached behind to something (not the bracket which slides over the steering column) which seems to be unreachable. I would like to do a step by step to cancel possibilities out, thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Try the Toyota Technical Information System. I subscribed for a day of access to the system for a small fee and was able to download all the step by step instructions along with the diagrams I needed. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here: https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/...o.toyota.com%2F

Regards,

TC711

• 1 month later...

Post #1

Post #2

Try the Toyota Technical Information System. I subscribed for a day of access to the system for a small fee and was able to download all the step by step instructions along with the diagrams I needed. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here: https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/...o.toyota.com%2F

Regards,

TC711

Lets try this again!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ic=4237&hl=

If the link does not work, SEARCH for the word Tilt, and you will find a post from MZLEXUS titled "Problems with Tilt Steeering Wheel, Help! The link is in the Post and seems to work.

P.S. my son used a beer bottle cap!

AWESOME! Thanks, it worked like a charm!

• 3 weeks later...
Lets try this again!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ic=4237&hl=

If the link does not work, SEARCH for the word Tilt, and you will find a post from MZLEXUS titled "Problems with Tilt Steeering Wheel, Help! The link is in the Post and seems to work.

P.S. my son used a beer bottle cap!

AWESOME! Thanks, it worked like a charm!

Thanks for the great advice and step-by-step repair plan with pictures. It would have taken me only about 15 minutes to fix the problem, but I couldn't find all my tools. :) I used a water hose washer behind the gear, too. It works great. Saved me $$$$.

Post #1

Post #2

My telescopic function barely moves the steering wheel in and out. Does anyone know if this is a bad motor, or is there a quick fix for the telescopic function also?

We've had this issue addressed in the past. Have you searched the forum for the answer? There is a possible quick fix solution with pictures.