1995 Es300- Crash And Burn

on_chrome

:chairshot: About a week ago, I let my friend drive my es300 late at night while I was sitting passenger because I was too tired. Long story short, we went around a curve at 60mph that was supposed to be taken at 45mph and we flew off the road and flipped :o the lexus :censored: ! The car is half of what it was needless to say and is totaled. I'm ok and so is he, thankgod. That's the bad news. Good news- I just got a 1997 silver lexus SC300, and put 19' konig theory's on it with a 1 inch eibach spring drop :D . Only has 71000 miles on it with black interior. It's fast, but not fast enough, so my girlfriend is buying me a f/max turbo kit for Christmas for $4,700, ha, ha, ha :whistles: . Overall, much better than the es300. :wub: I'm in love :wub: ! --no more es forum posts, sc from here on out.

It's designed to be a smooth riding car (my mother was amazed the first time I took her along in the car, and we went over a railroad crossing), and consequently, has a lot of body roll in turns. Along those lines, the stock tires aren't designed for serious G-forces, either.

The Civic is a smaller car with tighter handling. I'd rather take a stock Civic than a stock ES through a slalom course. But I'd rather take a stock ES through my daily commute :D

good thinking.

you are so lucky that you didn't get injured or killed anyone.

4 of my close friends are charged with 2nd degree murder b/c they did something stupid. almost like what you did, except it was a dangerous road and he knocked off a minivan off a 40feet cliff, killing the whole family.

i've taken a defense driving course when i was younger, it's a real good class.

Man, if one of my friends did that to my car and survived the crash, they wouldn't survive me is all I can say. What was your friend thinkin? He must surely either be used to drivin a sportier car or he's just outta his mind, b/c you can definitely tell when you're pushing the limits in an ES, and it's long before the "point of no return" that the car lets you know this, if you'll listen. I'm glad y'all are alright, but I'd definitely think twice about lettin my friends drive my car, especially that SC you're talkin about! :whistles:

But I'd rather take a stock ES through my daily commute :D

err...that depends on how the commute is....

if the commute is stop and go....ES is way to go....

but for long and smooth distance commute....the civic is my choice....the car is built for commute....

yeah ... you can definetly tell when your pushing your to its limits... HE musta been sleepy and not attentive..hopefully... or else there are real big problems

but i mean ... a curve rate at 45...can be easily pushed to 55 or 60 on an ES if you know what your doing . .. hmmm

With ES's, it's all about the wheels/tires that you're running. I got fed up w/ my ES squeeling and pushing on even the slightest corners so I upgraded to 17" wheels and tires w/ 45 profile (not quite the harshness of 40) I love the handling now. It turns the car into a completely different car. I don't really horse around in it, but when it needs to buckle down, it does.

It actually helped me avoid an accident the other day. My wife and I were heading home from out of town. It was getting dark and it was starting to rain. Some jackass (I think he was old and stupid, drunk, or both) pulled off his lane, came around the concrete median facing the wrong way and headed right for me. I had very little time to react as I just slammed the horn, mashed the brakes and steered around him missing him by inches. All this was done at ~ 50MPH and I'm confident w/out the increased handling from the wheels and tires, we would have plowed straight into him. My wife has since not questioned the upgraded wheels and tires.

Performance can equal safety too.

drive safe.

:cheers: