Oem Ipod Integration

Has anyone installed the OEM iPod integration module? http://www.lexuspartsworld.com/Scripts/pro...p?idproduct=537 I tried a search and apparently you can't search for "oem", it's under 4 letters. (WTF?) I'm wondering if this is compatible with factory Nav and if it shows info on the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay then...looks like i'll be the guinea pig!

Yes. I have it on my IS250, but I don't have navigation. Works fine. What do you want to know?

In what models and years does it work, can it be self-installed, what did it cost, and what is the part number? Thanks.

Has anyone installed the OEM iPod integration module? http://www.lexuspartsworld.com/Scripts/pro...p?idproduct=537 I tried a search and apparently you can't search for "oem", it's under 4 letters. (WTF?) I'm wondering if this is compatible with factory Nav and if it shows info on the screen.

I'm not sure what make and model you have, but, there is this site called Peripheral Electronics. If you go there you can enter your make, model, and year then they give you a list of product applications. I got the PXAMG for my 07 gx470, it is exactly what i needed! its simple and perfect. check them out and let me know what you think.

I'm not sure what make and model you have, but, there is this site called Peripheral Electronics. If you go there you can enter your make, model, and year then they give you a list of product applications. I got the PXAMG for my 07 gx470, it is exactly what i needed! its simple and perfect. check them out and let me know what you think.

This particular thread is ONLY for the OEM iPod integration kit. I've got this on order and it will be here this week. I'll post my thoughts once it's in and i've had time to play with it.

• 3 weeks later...
This particular thread is ONLY for the OEM iPod integration kit. I've got this on order and it will be here this week. I'll post my thoughts once it's in and i've had time to play with it.

Did you end up getting this installed? How is the UI for controlling the iPod. Can you browse by artist, album, etc? I'm trying to find a good iPod integration solution for my new RX400h. The iPod part of the Peripheral Electronics one sucks (see my post over on the hybrid forum) so I want to hear about the other ones too.

Thanks!

-- Laura

I have an Ice Link adapter for an ipod made specifically for Toyota/Lexus; I couldn't use it because the stereo does not have an extra aux out so when connected both the cd player and the ipod played...without the cd player running, the ipod wouldn't run. anyway, if interested, I will sell for $45...I paid $75.

this has absolutly nothing to do with the topic on hand but has anyone that apple is going to be making an "ITABLE". i heard it is like a normal dinnertable that is glass that when turned on it will be like a television......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ditto --- ru serious regarding: "The factory ipod kit will not let you use sat radio as well." wow!

I have to check this on their website new car configuration. I have a 2008 ES350 - ML Nav - UltraLux package --- using Sirius SAT and you mean to say that the factory OEM iPod Control accessory is not compatible with the SAT !! That's a major disappointment if true and frankly when I asked the dealer if I could have them add the OEM iPod option in a few months he did NOT give me a negative response. Not that I would have taken the SAT out but really !!!! Sometimes the Japanese car makers, for all their innovation can still leave you scratching your head saying WTF ? !

Well I found my answer after digging in the Owners site finding the accessories chart. Here is a screen capture:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/280933...365d95f.jpg?v=0

Look at 2nd to last footnote.

Who knows maybe there will be a reverse compatible solution in the future short of an entire NAV system replacement with an extra iPod/MP2 device or a HDD to download the iPOD tunes and sync. (Check out GM - CTS) Disappointed, I would have expected more from Lexus/Toyota R&D folks. Maybe LexTech has some insight. Fortunately I am not an iPOD freak but it would have been nice and to be locked out of an option like this because one has chosen SAT radio is a bit bizzare. Guess I will just be relegated to the AUX audio input and jack up the ML volume :(

post-78140-1220060241_thumb.png

The Lexus OEM ipod interface kit does replace either the Xfm or Sirrius sat. inputs. So you lose out on sat radio, but Vais tech has one out that installs just as easy, and will also allow you to keep sat radio, and can play movies from your ipod on your nav screen! That's the one to get.