Omg Scratch!

Tom.S

I have the black color, I was driving in very tight parking lot and I have some minor paint scratches which are visible from close distance. I've never owned a car before not sure what I'm supposed to do ;0 Is there something I can buy to repair this or do I have to go to a dealer or body shop?

I have the black color, I was driving in very tight parking lot and I have some minor paint scratches which are visible from close distance. I've never owned a car before not sure what I'm supposed to do ;0 Is there something I can buy to repair this or do I have to go to a dealer or body shop?

If this is your 1st car I would suggest seeking out as much advice as you can before you attempt to repair this yourself. There are several scratch "repair" kits in the market; however, you can potentially do more damage than repair, if you know what I mean, if you are a novice with car paint and finishes. You could severally damage the "clear coat" on the vehicle. I would recommend taking it to an "expert" for an estimate. It may only cost a couple hundred bucks and be well worth the professional finish.

Just my 2 cents!

Can you post a pic of the scratches so we can see what your talking about? If indeed they are light scratches, then it could be an easy fix, all the way to deep to the metal, No you have to take that to a pro and have them fix that for you.

In the detailing forum on here is a very big thread on detailing for Lexus (350 but applies to all).

I too have the Black UL and mad a bad mistake bringing it to a hand wash with boars head brush's' now i have a million surface scratches. (only me th owner can see them..but they are their)

I plan to buy the Flex (looks like the highest RPM orbiter) and polish these babies out few months from now.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, i'm new to the forum, not sure if my request is in the right place, but here goes:

I just purchased a Tungsten Pearl 08 ES350. I'm a city driver and unfortunately need to park on the street often. My dealer mentioned applying 3M Chip Shield to the front, rear bumpers and on the door edges to avoid paint chipping. It's has a guarantee not to peel for 5 years and cost is around $500.

It sounds like a good idea, especially when considering other cars may rub my bumper, i hate those scrapes and screw marks...

Are any of you familiar with this product/service?