'04 Lx470 Dvd/nav. System Park Bypass

harryoo

Before I send a link -- I just want to be sure I understand your request...

You want to hack into your DVD/Nav system so you can watch videos while the transmission is not in Park?

It's doable, but will require you to dismantle your system to bypass. Is this what you're looking for?

Doug

Let me know if you did the change?

Ordered a bypass kit from eBay - doctorbypass.

Instructions sent by him had different connectors, good for 2003 models.

Late 2004 models have the wiring connectors changed (3 instead of 4) :angry:

;) Thanks for your response. I have since tried a portable DVD player hooked over the sunroof cover to see how it would be to watch movies from the front seat.. Believe I'm going to stick to audio tapes while driving, 'cause the temptation is too great to watch the screen rather than the road!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 04 as well, from all of the info I have gathered the changes that can be made to the LX's wiring may be different from the 03 to 04 version. I have yet to be able to find someone to confirm this. I have read that one of the changes made to the 04 model is additional safety added to the override measures that occur when the LX is in motion. There are some talk of software revisions to the screen (unconfirmed) as to the effect of when the vehicle is in motion, based off of GPS signal, not the VSS like in the 03 and prior models of the LX, the dvd will not bypass the safety shut off.

I am hoping that somebody has moded the 04 nav screen and the info on how to do it.

I would like a conclusive answer so I will know either way.

Any info as to this matter would be greatly apreciated.

• 1 month later...

Probably not what you want to hear, but...

In California, other than a GPS, it's now illegal to have anything mounted/installed/etc. with a screen viewable to the driver.

Aside from the fact that it's just not all that safe to watch something while driving... :whistles:

That said, if you really want to watch something, why not just get a little dvd player and mount that somewhere. Seems to me that it would be easier than messing around with wiring.

• 9 months later...

Thanks.

I ordered mine last week with my fingers crossed. Glad to get confirmation.

(Now if I can only track down that wiring diagram to pump the factory changer video to my vizualogic boxes, I'll be all set.)

Steve

i know for a fact that dr bypass works because i have had mine in for over a year and no problems at all