Highest Mileage

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

164,507 miles on my '93 SC400. Bought the car in September and have done nothing to engine/drivetrain other than change engine oil and tranny fluid. Runs great! Needs more exhaust noise! Plan to have timing belt, water pump and suspension bushings changed after Christmas. I Bought a used CD changer on ebay and will install it after I figure out/research how to better isolate from vibration. Besides CD changer, the only other things that need fixing are one burned out bulb on climate control display and flickering temperature gauge needle. One of the best things about these cars is that they are RARE (at least in Sacramento). I've only seen eight others in my area (5 SC300s and 3 SC400s).

:rolleyes:

181,550 Miles 93 SC400

Most of the components that seem to give most owners a problem were taken care of by my Mother-In-Law before I took possession. New Alternator, Power Steering Pump, Starter, Radiator Reservoir, Water Pump, Gauge Cluster, Drivers Door Hinge, Head Light Assys, Mirror Remote ECU and a few other items. All items through Dealer Service "Ouch!".

She also had every Factory Service:

1,000 Miles

15,000 Miles

60,000 Miles

105,000 Miles

160,000 Miles

And, new tires in July!

What else could a guy ask of his Mother-In-Law!

The only item I have to fix is the LCD on the Climate Control Unit.

I've since replaced Shocks and Springs with Tokico and Eibach, Green Stuff Pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Drilled and Slotted Rotors. Leather Repair to a split seam in the Rear Seat. Repaired Power Antennae by disassembling and cleaning.

Thought I would have to replace the wheels, but got some Buffing Compound and worked them over real well and then waxed them and they look quite nice.

Removed Drivers Door Panel and rebuild the inside bracing with Epoxy and metal tabs.

Removed all the leather interior and cleaned and conditioned with Lexol Leather Products.

Leather interiors seem to be the most neglected part of the car.

Compression checks were amazing! Within 2% of new specifications.

Replaced plugs with Denso Iridiums, and the old plugs were burning very nice. Reading your plugs can tell you alot about how the major components of your engine are holding up.

Most people are amazed that the car is 10 years old and just short of 200,000 miles.

I think we will enjoy this automobile for many years to come!

:cheers:

Yup, I had to replace those bearing on my 4-runner at 200K miles. They weren't too bad but I figured I should do it now instead of later. Too bad I didn't check the bearing that is in the center that the fan bolts to, it froze about month later and wiped out my new accessory belts. Ouch, $500 bucks to fix that one and I did the work myself.

Wick

• 3 weeks later...

I have 205,012 miles on mine. Although I'm not the original owner, but I know all of the belts, hoses, and fluids were replaced. I believe the previous owner gave up the car, after he heard the Oil Pan Gasket needed to be replaced. I had to replace the all of the filters, and the TP Sensor.

Need to fix the oil pan gasket, clutch belt with a new shifter, and tires.

Surprisingly the car is still running pretty well.

164K+ on my 92 SC400. Mom was the orginal owner and baby(ed) the car until I took it from her. She handed the keys over in 2000 with 52K. Luckily she was meticulous in her caring for the car.

Makes me feel good to know that there are some of you out there with 200K+. Although I have my eye on an S2000, I can't see myself giving her up. :wub: Dad's the same way with his 91 M5..... can't give her up; runs in the family I suppose.

going to be picking up a 92 SC400...314K+ (no typo) . the owner is the orig owner.

Congrats, ahead of time, for the purchase.

It says a lot when Toyota has to copy the exterior look of a ten year old SC300/400 for it 2001 edition of the Solara.

164K+ on my 92 SC400. Mom was the orginal owner and baby(ed) the car until I took it from her. She handed the keys over in 2000 with 52K. Luckily she was meticulous in her caring for the car.

Makes me feel good to know that there are some of you out there with 200K+. Although I have my eye on an S2000, I can't see myself giving her up. :wub: Dad's the same way with his 91 M5..... can't give her up; runs in the family I suppose.

S2000? :wacko: You realize the SC330 and the Toyota Supra is coming out soon. Why leave the family?

It says a lot when Toyota has to copy the exterior look of a ten year old SC300/400 for it 2001 edition of the Solara.

I wouldn't say that. The New Solara looks closer to the New SC430 and future 330 than the older SCs. Even the future Supra looks similar to new Celica and SC430. I believe they're trying to keep the looks similar to each other. I don't know about you guys but it makes them look like they're not even trying anymore. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...