My First...

Hello all... just wanted to introduce myself.

On April 30, I traded my '04 Infiniti G35 in on a 2008 IS 250, and am I ever :D !!

This is my first Lexus, new or otherwise. It is Black Sapphire Pearl, with Cashmere leather. (What an amazing combo!)

Here's a couple of pics, cause I know I'll be asked!

IMG_0073-1.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

As you can see, no NAV, but it was between that and the color, and I chose the color.... (besides, I don't get lost too often! ;) )

Bill

congrats... Very clean... Is that push button start cool or what??? Whats the first thing your doing to her? Tint, wheels, clear bra?

Thanks yellow! The push button is indeed very cool! I love not having to mess with a key for anything!

As to mods... I may look into the clear bra. I tried to get the dealer to do it when I got the car, but he said that they farm it out to a contractor, and they were looking into a new company to do that. I'm just gonna drive her and enjoy for right now. I have been hearing that Cali is about to start clamping down on tinted windows again, and I don't want to risk the ticket right now. B)

Congrats Bill and welcome to LOC!!! I like the fact that you have black colored interior carpeting, I wish mine was black. If you golf, definitely look at putting the clear bra on the back bumper as well. You will be amazed at how much aggrevation this will save you each time you drop your bag onto your bumper by accident.

Did your's come with the automatic sun screen in the rear window? They didn't have one with the color I wanted so we did without. Wish I had one.

That was the same issue for me... no rear shade. There were a couple of other colors that had the nav and the shade, but I opted for the color over the options.

Congrats Bill and welcome to LOC!!! I like the fact that you have black colored interior carpeting, I wish mine was black. If you golf, definitely look at putting the clear bra on the back bumper as well. You will be amazed at how much aggrevation this will save you each time you drop your bag onto your bumper by accident.

Thanks for the greetings, and the tip BaddBoi. I guess I got lucky... the "Lexus" clear bra on the rear bumper came with the car! As for the carpet, I agree on the color. I can keep the Cashmere leather clean, but to have light carpeting would have been trouble.

Nice. Welcome to the club. :cheers:

Thanks mucho!

Wow.. she's a beauty! I love that color combo, but here in AZ we chose the Matador Red Mica. As my good friend Jerry would say "That's one cats-!Removed! machine"!!

Thanks! I can imagine that the Matador Red with Cashmere would look outstanding!

This was also my first Lexus and I bet you had the same type of experience as I did. It was fun and I feel like I made some good friends at the dealer. I've purchased alot of new cars and the experience of them were ok, I was happy to have the car and be done with the sale. But the lexus experience made getting and feeling the car more enjoyable. I would by another Lexus for sure.

Ray

This was also my first Lexus and I bet you had the same type of experience as I did. It was fun and I feel like I made some good friends at the dealer. I've purchased alot of new cars and the experience of them were ok, I was happy to have the car and be done with the sale. But the lexus experience made getting and feeling the car more enjoyable. I would by another Lexus for sure.

Ray

My dealer experience at Lexus was a bit mixed. The guy I bought from was really green, and very nice, but not too sophisticated. I got there at 6pm, and didn't get home till almost 11pm. During the time I was there, it took till almost 8pm before there was any offer of refreshment. I will say though that the actual deal was very smooth. Their second offer, after my counter, was a really good one. They actually gave me a thousand more for my trade than I even asked for. (The car was pristine, and well maintained), however, I never was given a single business card, by anyone. My experience at the Infiniti dealer two years ago was so good that, for PM, I traveled the nearly 40 miles because they were so professional and accommodating. The GM wrote me after the sale, to congratulate me on the purchase, as did the guy I bought from, who also called after a few days to make sure that everything was going well with the car, and even sent me a Christmas card that year!

I've heard from no one at Lexus yet... not even the guy I bought from, and he assured me that he was going to check in with me to make sure that everything was ok. We'll see what happens when I go in for my first PM on the Lexus. Keep in mind that the Infiniti I bought was two years pre-owned. The Lexus is brand new.

WOW!!! I think my next car might be a G35 sedan. Isn't the G35 equal to the IS? It took us maybe 2.5 hrs. We didn't have to test drive because we did it a few weeks ago at a dealer in roseville but we didn't feel a connection with the sales person. He had been doing it for 15 years and thought he didn't need to make our first time worth smiling about. Sorry to hear about the experience but at least you got more for the trade. Were taking ours in for clear bra tomorrow. and window tint at the same time.

Ray

WOW!!! I think my next car might be a G35 sedan. Isn't the G35 equal to the IS? It took us maybe 2.5 hrs. We didn't have to test drive because we did it a few weeks ago at a dealer in roseville but we didn't feel a connection with the sales person. He had been doing it for 15 years and thought he didn't need to make our first time worth smiling about. Sorry to hear about the experience but at least you got more for the trade. Were taking ours in for clear bra tomorrow. and window tint at the same time.

Ray

dude. nice. welcome to the club!

Ray

The G35 sedan and IS350 are in a similar class of car... but when I test drove both it was a pretty easy choice to pick the IS.

Nice color choice, it's what I picked too (though mine came with cashmere carpet) and is my favorite color combo on the 2IS :)

Welcome to the club. If I look real close at the pics I can see the change holder that they added for '08. B)

Enjoy you new ride. It's a great car that gets really good gas mileage which is very relevant these days. I would recommend getting a clear bra if the car does not already have one. Just a suggetsion though

Welcome to the club. If I look real close at the pics I can see the change holder that they added for '08. B)

Enjoy you new ride. It's a great car that gets really good gas mileage which is very relevant these days. I would recommend getting a clear bra if the car does not already have one. Just a suggetsion though

Thanks Gaugster... I guess you are talking about the little tray thing that is just to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. I can't imagine that it would hold coins for too long under hard acceleration or cornering. The mileage I am very happy about. I gave up 100 horses going from my G35 to the IS, but it has been worth it for me. I am certainly going to look into the clear bra. My G had MANY stone hits in the front end.

Ok, I just put ours in for a clear bra and tint. The total came to $1076.00. They clear bra'd the lights, mirrors, half the hood, front bumper, lower chin, behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels. The tint was all the window's except the front windshield. I also got california legal tint on the drivers and passenger side doors. Its only 85% but we got it more for uv protection. It came with a california exempt certificate thats supposed to stay with the car. If you do get the clear bra make sure you look at every little section. Before we even got the car their was a section of clear bra that was nicked so we left it there and will pick it up tomorrow. There were also some long scratches on the drivers door (probably from something hanging on the workers pants. They're fixing everything. They knew we only had the car for 3 days. Just look over your car before you pay a cent.

• 1 month later...
Don't you miss the extra 100hp of the g35?

Sorry for the long lag in replying!

I do indeed miss that 100 hp, but I don't miss 13.5 mpg! My car still has less than 1000 miles, and is already getting 18.5 mpg. Honestly, I am crazier about this car than I was about the G35.

I do indeed miss that 100 hp, but I don't miss 13.5 mpg! My car still has less than 1000 miles, and is already getting 18.5 mpg. Honestly, I am crazier about this car than I was about the G35.

I am currently shopping for a replacement for my 2005 G35 Sport, 6MT and went to look at the IS250 yesterday. Unfortunately they only have automative IS250 AWD models for testing and I would like the RWD 6MT. I couldn't wait long enough for a saleman to get a test drive so will have to go back this week.

As a former G driver, can you tell me what to expect between the two cars (except for the power difference) etc. I would really like to get the manual tranny but seems hard to find and I have never been a fan of drive-by-wire, what are your thoughts about the paddle shifters etc. I also inquired about the X Package and they said that those are quite rare to get as well.