Timing Chain And Other Main Events

rcreynolds79

I own a 93 LS400 with 120K I am wondering myself about the 120 timing belt & valve tune up. The car runs great & is still quite so if anyone has information on the timing belt & vale tune up please let me know. Other than that it's a great reliable car with a fantastic ride.

Jim H

Owners manual should state the major service intervals to be 80k and 160k. Free owner manuals can be obtained through the lexus corporate website if needed. That is your belts and water pump. I personally recommend replacing fluids and ignition items every year as well as checking the chasis components. Then your standard 3k mile oil service and air filter. Take good care of your ride and it will take good care of you. Enjoy your great cars.

As far as purchasing a high mileage 4.0, the common failures are at the power steering pump and subsequently, the alternator. If she starts hard, the starter solenoid could be suspect as well. Then there are you general rules for buying any car. Electrical items/operation, paint matching, dents, seals - etc. etc.