Anyone Tried Drifting In The Is 250?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Altima is just for a beater car. It cleaned up pretty good, a ding or two here and there and a couple places in the paint, but pretty sound overall. And yes it's a 4 cyl.

We have a 98 Nissan Sentra as our beater car also. $400.00 bucks though!! I like finding those. I keep an eye out for little deals like that and I mark them up and resale them on the side for extra cash. I have a friend at the auto auction in Sanford that flags a few cars for me and gives me a call. I'll go down there and buy four or five of them and put them at the garage for sale.

ya dude but im just a poor college kid...i dont have any money for driving school and my folks probably woudn't be keen considering they just paid 400 dollars worth of parking tickets...

so thats why i was tryin to learn tips, tricks, and maneuvers w/o the school...

If you can't afford school, then how do you expect to pay for the tires your gonna go thru? performance schools range in price from I would say around 250-500 bucks. Tires are gonna cost you that.

:) Hey, can you do us a favor, if you decide to practice on your own somewhere, can you strap a video camera to a pole somehow and video tape your practice session and post it here? I'm sure it would be informative and could be a great tool.

We lucked into the Altima. The kid needed a car so we went out to Leon's towing yard and talked to him. He's an old friend and a good ole boy. He said he was gonna ask $800 for it but did us a favor. It already had new wiper blades and new brake pads in the back seat so it was pretty cheap to get it road worthy. A couple of used tires and it was ready to go. The kid already drove it to Baton Rouge and back and it did just fine. :D

That's a great car for a kid! Looks good, but not too fast, and a solid motor and drivetrain for alot of years of no attention use. Mileage doesn't even seem to matter to those motors. The 1.6 liter in the Sentra and the 1.8 liter they went to later are both 250k mile motors easily.

Other than looking kind of cool...why do people really want to drift? It doesn't help get from Pt A to Pt B. It churns rubber. It's not a great open road practice.

Don't even pay for a driving class...just go to a local Auto Cross that has a 1 hour How To session. You'll learn the best and right way to get through a curve.

My .02c!!

Drifting = tire wear! I think you should definitely concentrate on school and not ways to mess up your tires or your new car!

Tire wear???? check this out: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...;mktid=ga493368

Now the question is, "Will the "poor college student" bother to read it?" Great post Randy!

dude yes im gonna read it.

another thing....what are some cool tricks with IS u know?

driving that is...and technologically...i think i figured most everything out like pushing to unlock button to get the windows open.

dude yes im gonna read it.

another thing....what are some cool tricks with IS u know?

driving that is...and technologically...i think i figured most everything out like pushing to unlock button to get the windows open.

Well to get serious for a moment. One trick is that you can hold the lock and unlock buttons on the key FOB and change how the doors unlock (or somthing like that)

Every aggressive driving school I have heard of requires brand new tires to be on the vehicle as a general rule. Not sure how new they have to be but.....

Regards,

The Altima is just for a beater car. It cleaned up pretty good, a ding or two here and there and a couple places in the paint, but pretty sound overall. And yes it's a 4 cyl.

ya dude but im just a poor college kid...i dont have any money for driving school and my folks probably woudn't be keen considering they just paid 400 dollars worth of parking tickets...

so thats why i was tryin to learn tips, tricks, and maneuvers w/o the school...

If I had $400 in parking tickets and my parents paid for them, I'd be focusing on how to pay for a shrink for me, my Dad, and my Mom! B)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I had $400 in parking tickets and my parents paid for them, I'd be focusing on how to pay for a shrink for me, my Dad, and my Mom! B)

If he wrecks his "new" car, I think he will need more than a shrink! Mom and Dad should have refused to pay for their young Son's parking tickets! What happened to the "moral of the story" lessons of days gone by? I will now step down from my "soap box"!

Remember the thread about the kid who went for a joy ride with his buddies ? RIP. HEY GUYS LET'S GO DRIFTIN IN MY NEW LEX. Need I say more. The moral of the story is "Search threads involving kids with new fast cars" Sad to be for sure. :cries:

Remember the thread about the kid who went for a joy ride with his buddies ? RIP. HEY GUYS LET'S GO DRIFTIN IN MY NEW LEX. Need I say more. The moral of the story is "Search threads involving kids with new fast cars" Sad to be for sure.:cries:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Colum...rticleId=124526

Man, that is one of saddest new clips I've seen. That tragic event should be replayed in every high school in America, with a mandatory attendance!!

Maybe every car forum should have it as a sticky.

Remember the thread about the kid who went for a joy ride with his buddies ? RIP. HEY GUYS LET'S GO DRIFTIN IN MY NEW LEX. Need I say more. The moral of the story is "Search threads involving kids with new fast cars" Sad to be for sure.:cries:

Man, that is one of saddest new clips I've seen. That tragic event should be replayed in every high school in America, with a mandatory attendance!!

Maybe every car forum should have it as a sticky.

not a bad idea at all ... truly tragic! living in Atlanta ... I get to see many senseless idiots driving recklessly on the highway.

Yep, That's the one. Life is too short already, And some are in a hurry :( Dirty Damn Shame...................

Such a tragedy and a completely senseless loss of life for 5 young men! Several insurance agencies now offer video monitoring and GPS tracking systems that alert parents to their child's driving habits. IMO - It should be mandatory for ALL drivers between the ages of 16-21 to have these devices installed on their vehicles. And for those that argue it is an invasion of one's privacy, I say, TOO BAD! If it saves a young person's life, then it is well worth it.

Such a tragedy and a completely senseless loss of life for 5 young men! Several insurance agencies now offer video monitoring and GPS tracking systems that alert parents to their child's driving habits. IMO - It should be mandatory for ALL drivers between the ages of 16-21 to have these devices installed on their vehicles. And for those that argue it is an invasion of one's privacy, I say, TOO BAD! If it saves a young person's life, then it is well worth it.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all you dudes must be 60yrs old +

i mean u dudes are some old fogies n e one know some forums w/ some cool dudes on em?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all you dudes must be 60yrs old +

i mean u dudes are some old fogies n e one know some forums w/ some cool dudes on em?

I had a 350Z when I was 25 (29 now - yeah I am old). I took it to the race track. It was cheap on Wednesdays and a lot of fun. A hell of a lot cheaper than getting a ticket. Or would you rather be like my brother who spent the night in jail for street racing (in a Civic) and has to live with that on his record?

Don't you think its possible that we are right? Did you see that video of those dead kids who were talking trash on a BMW forum?

Edit: Also keep in mind no one is saying DONT do it. Give it a try, its fun! But do it in a controlled environment where someone with experience can show you how to do it right. Especially something like driftng or autocross. The *best* was is to have someone teach you.