Anyone Tried Drifting In The Is 250?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spend a couple of days at a performance driving school.

That,,,is some of the best advice I have ever seen given out here!!!!! Bravo Bartkat! :cheers:

They would teach all that in the school. If you went to a good driving course and you left with that question still on your mind, you weren't paying attention and just wasted a few hundred bucks.

That,,,is some of the best advice I have ever seen given out here!!!!! Bravo Bartkat! :cheers:

Do you think the IS250 has enough "power" to actually drift? I understand you can make it "skid".

dude............if the is 220d can drift........then yes....

dude i'm not going to SCHOOL if i don't have to. i hate school. and then on top of that i have to pay for the torture? no way jose.

i mean seriously i dont think u need to go to cooking school to whip up some eggs.

same way i dont think u need to go to driving school to skid and drift a little bit.

Have you ever looked at performance driving school? It's not like a math book and projector lesson. I had a great time!

It's hands on training. They teach you entry points for cornering, apex strategies, and exiting techniques. Controlled braking, and different braking techniques, which will help you keep the car under control while manuovering, not to mention a ton of other cool tricks.

dude i'm not going to SCHOOL if i don't have to. i hate school. and then on top of that i have to pay for the torture? no way jose.

i mean seriously i dont think u need to go to cooking school to whip up some eggs.

same way i dont think u need to go to driving school to skid and drift a little bit.

It's not that kind of school dude. Besides you ain't just breaking eggs when you screw up trying to drift on public streets and roads. You should see the number of guys that have tried that on on ramps and spun out and totaled their cars. Go find an empty parking lot or corn field and practice there. Don't get too close to any light pole though.

Speaking of corn fields, I just bought a 95 Altima that had been drifted into a corn field. It's a pretty decent car for $400 once we got the corn stalks and dirt out of the front end and undercarriage. :lol: I guess the guy that owned it didn't think it was worth paying to get it out of the impound lot once he got out of jail.

It's not that kind of school dude. Besides you ain't just breaking eggs when you screw up trying to drift on public streets and roads. You should see the number of guys that have tried that on on ramps and spun out and totaled their cars. Go find an empty parking lot or corn field and practice there. Don't get too close to any light pole though.

Speaking of corn fields, I just bought a 95 Altima that had been drifted into a corn field. It's a pretty decent car for $400 once we got the corn stalks and dirt out of the front end and undercarriage. :lol: I guess the guy that owned it didn't think it was worth paying to get it out of the impound lot once he got out of jail.

:lol: Great find! The Altima is a solid car. Gets pretty good gas mileage too if you got the 4 cylinder. Post a pic of it? What are your plans for it?

The Altima is just for a beater car. It cleaned up pretty good, a ding or two here and there and a couple places in the paint, but pretty sound overall. And yes it's a 4 cyl.

ya dude but im just a poor college kid...i dont have any money for driving school and my folks probably woudn't be keen considering they just paid 400 dollars worth of parking tickets...

so thats why i was tryin to learn tips, tricks, and maneuvers w/o the school...

The Altima is just for a beater car. It cleaned up pretty good, a ding or two here and there and a couple places in the paint, but pretty sound overall. And yes it's a 4 cyl.

ya dude but im just a poor college kid...i dont have any money for driving school and my folks probably woudn't be keen considering they just paid 400 dollars worth of parking tickets...

You probably can't afford a crash either. Just drive sensibly. Maybe go to a track day or something and learn some stuff from the other guys. Just don't try to learn on the street.

We have a 98 Nissan Sentra as our beater car also. $400.00 bucks though!! I like finding those. I keep an eye out for little deals like that and I mark them up and resale them on the side for extra cash. I have a friend at the auto auction in Sanford that flags a few cars for me and gives me a call. I'll go down there and buy four or five of them and put them at the garage for sale.

If you can't afford school, then how do you expect to pay for the tires your gonna go thru? performance schools range in price from I would say around 250-500 bucks. Tires are gonna cost you that.

:) Hey, can you do us a favor, if you decide to practice on your own somewhere, can you strap a video camera to a pole somehow and video tape your practice session and post it here? I'm sure it would be informative and could be a great tool.

We have a 98 Nissan Sentra as our beater car also. $400.00 bucks though!! I like finding those. I keep an eye out for little deals like that and I mark them up and resale them on the side for extra cash. I have a friend at the auto auction in Sanford that flags a few cars for me and gives me a call. I'll go down there and buy four or five of them and put them at the garage for sale.

If you can't afford school, then how do you expect to pay for the tires your gonna go thru? performance schools range in price from I would say around 250-500 bucks. Tires are gonna cost you that.

:) Hey, can you do us a favor, if you decide to practice on your own somewhere, can you strap a video camera to a pole somehow and video tape your practice session and post it here? I'm sure it would be informative and could be a great tool.

Strapping the cam is a great idea Smooth ;) That way when he gets busted the law will have evidence of his follies :lol:

Keep it on a track.

Strapping the cam is a great idea Smooth ;) That way when he gets busted the law will have evidence of his follies :lol:

Keep it on a track.

dudes...i don't have a video camera. but what is this about tires??????

how are they gonna get "bad"?

We lucked into the Altima. The kid needed a car so we went out to Leon's towing yard and talked to him. He's an old friend and a good ole boy. He said he was gonna ask $800 for it but did us a favor. It already had new wiper blades and new brake pads in the back seat so it was pretty cheap to get it road worthy. A couple of used tires and it was ready to go. The kid already drove it to Baton Rouge and back and it did just fine. :D