Is350 New Wheels Question

Question....

I have the 18" upgraded wheels on my 06 350. The factory upgraded wheels are 18 x 8 front and 18 x 8.5 rear (staggered). The wheels I found are 18 x 8 all around. Local tire guys all say the ride and wheels will be no problem and even the current rubber will work. Going larger, say 18 x 9's may cause rubbing.

I like the wheels and want to move ahead. But are there any issues? Do I lose anything in performance? Should I get a 1/2" spacer for the rears to push the wheels out close to the well? If so who sells 1/2" spacers.

Final monkey wrench. If I go the 18x9.5 on rear only, will they fit w/o rubbing on wheel well? And will my current rubber (255/40) fit?

Thanks in advance for help, advice and education...

BillT.

I wouldn't start messing with spacers and all that. That's how problems start. I would either live with the new size, or keep looking for rims that you like that also have the right fitment. But those rims will fit and would look nice even if you did just go with the 8's all the way around. Atleast then you would be able to rotate your tires again.

I wouldn't start messing with spacers and all that. That's how problems start. I would either live with the new size, or keep looking for rims that you like that also have the right fitment. But those rims will fit and would look nice even if you did just go with the 8's all the way around. Atleast then you would be able to rotate your tires again.

Thanks and really good point on the spacers....even better point on the rotation capability.

Any idea if 9.5's will fit on rear?

BTW, since I live in PA I'll take the stock rims and fit 'em w/Blizzaks. I'll put them from Dec 1 - Feb 28...it'll be a nice change of pace and I can do it myself.

Thanks and really good point on the spacers....even better point on the rotation capability.

Any idea if 9.5's will fit on rear?

BTW, since I live in PA I'll take the stock rims and fit 'em w/Blizzaks. I'll put them from Dec 1 - Feb 28...it'll be a nice change of pace and I can do it myself.

Not with stock offsets. And even then I'm not sure there is enouph room in there for a 9.5 rim. If you rolled the fender then yeah, and that would look awsome too, but it's alot of work.

So, if your only going to run them during the summer months, then I wouldn't waste a bunch of money on it. Just go with the rims you like. The size will be fine. You can allways go with a smaller aspect ratio to get that wider rear tire look if you want. If you swap your current stock rubber onto them then in effect that's what your gonna do anyway. Then like you said get winter tires for the stock rims to run in the winter.

Smooth1...thanks so much. Will do w/8's all around and be able to rotate when I get new tires (current ones diff sizes). Maybe get these puppies to last a few k more.

Thanks again.