1997 Es Problems

Sheree

Our 1997 Lexuz Es 300 at 94,000 is now having quite a few problems. The latest was a computer problem with the fuelage and today I noticed on the radio dial, you can see other numbers bleeding through the station you are on. I really expected to see this car go 200,000 miles but am now seriously worried it wont. We have replaced at the 90,000 checkup, the valve cover etc., and needs struts among other things. This car has been serviced religously at the dealership every 5,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. What is everyone's take on this previously perfect car? Sheree :o

repairs don't sound too bad.

rubber parts got replaced after a while.

valve cover gasket, suspension rubber bushings..and shocks (supposedly needs replacing once in a while)

look at it this way..your car has lasted a good 7 years so far.

i know many cars that will die on the side of the road in that time.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I wouldn't worry about those repairs at all. In 94,000 miles only one unexpected maintenance was performed? And the LCD is bleeding through like they all do? All cars should be so lucky.

Our only problem was at 68 000 km. The radio unit just quite working altogether intermittently over a one month period of time. The dealer replaced the unit under warranty. Car now has 142 000 km and runs like a top. Other than routine maintenance this Lexus is proving bullet proof, just like our previous two Cressidas.

My 1997 ES300 has 170,000 plus miles on it and has been great up until recently; I am currently having the power brake booster system replaced. Also, since I had complications with the booster system, my traction system went awry! When I priced the parts through my local Lexus dealership, the price was over $1000 to repair.

I too am having the same problem with the LCD, also the lights on my radio buttons are going out, some do not show up at night so I guess at what I am pressing!

:blink:

My 97' is having a few issues, mostly due to 109k miles: The temp sensor won't read outside temp correctly? My valve cover gaskets are starting to leak, the steering pump is leaking, the shocks are bad-and noisy(you can hear them squeeking, and creaking in the cold weather), and the tranny doesn't feel like it shifts right? Other than that it's OK, I just need to get some warm days, so I can get it shinned up- the salt on the road has caused little rust spots all over the car! Hopefully the buffer takes it all off!