Remote Key Replacement

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction. I have a 1995 Lexus GS300. My daughter somehow dropped the key and it broke to the point where the key is really loose from the remote part. It was previously cracked before but it was still usable now i have taped up and i can still use the key, I just have to be really careful with it when I turn it.

Where, besides the dealership, could I get a replacement remote key. Or is the dealership the only place that I can order it from. And would anyone know roughly what the cost would be to get a new one.

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone can send to me. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction. I have a 1995 Lexus GS300. My daughter somehow dropped the key and it broke to the point where the key is really loose from the remote part. It was previously cracked before but it was still usable now i have taped up and i can still use the key, I just have to be really careful with it when I turn it.

Where, besides the dealership, could I get a replacement remote key. Or is the dealership the only place that I can order it from. And would anyone know roughly what the cost would be to get a new one.

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone can send to me. :)

Ebay sells some aftermarket replacement keys, maybe even a salvage yard, just swap out your transponder and key - just like new!!

if your key is like mine (mines off a 2001 so i dunno if they did the same thing back in 1995) anyways my key is laser cut! so only a dealer can cut mine! as far as if you buy a key off ebay.....again i have a master remote key so i dunno if mine is the same but someone still has to cut it and my local dealer wanted almost 200 JUST to cut it! i did a little research as im fixing to buy all 3 of my spare keys and i found sewell to have the cheapest price on keys...........cut and shipped to you! http://sewellpartsonline.com/

this is who i"m ordering my keys from! but regardless of how you do it YOU CANNOT JUST SWAP OUT YOUR TRANSPONDER! it doesn't work like that!

Brian

if your key is like mine (mines off a 2001 so i dunno if they did the same thing back in 1995) anyways my key is laser cut! so only a dealer can cut mine! as far as if you buy a key off ebay.....again i have a master remote key so i dunno if mine is the same but someone still has to cut it and my local dealer wanted almost 200 JUST to cut it! i did a little research as im fixing to buy all 3 of my spare keys and i found sewell to have the cheapest price on keys...........cut and shipped to you! http://sewellpartsonline.com/

this is who i"m ordering my keys from! but regardless of how you do it YOU CANNOT JUST SWAP OUT YOUR TRANSPONDER! it doesn't work like that!

Brian

He said only his case was cracked, not his key and that he was able to still use it! With my GS key, you can take the key and transponder out and replace it into a new shell. I'm really not sure if his key looks like mine with the actual remote functions, but it was just an idea!