2009 Body Style

I now have a 2004 RX330 and getting about 18 or 19 MPH and considering a RX400H. Does anyone know if Lexus will change the RX-400 body style for 2009 form 2008? I do not want to get a 2008 if it is the same body style as 2004-2008 and it will change shortly.

Willem :D

There are lots of speculative pictures on the internet of the 2010 RX model (do a Google search). Almost all of the speculation mentions a bigger vehicle with a 3rd row seat. I definitely didn't want a bigger vehicle so I bought a 2008 400h.

There are lots of speculative pictures on the internet of the 2010 RX model (do a Google search). Almost all of the speculation mentions a bigger vehicle with a 3rd row seat. I definitely didn't want a bigger vehicle so I bought a 2008 400h.

LOL, sorry but thats just stupid. You could have bought a different vehicle. You instead bought an aging vehicle that is about to be replaced. Thats like the guys that were buying 2004 vettes because they were getting a special deal or something instead of buying the new completely updated vehicle.

IN the case of the 400H, its extremely dated at this point. My 2006 is dated and they are still going on and on, they should have done a redone already.

"You could have bought a different vehicle."

I really screwed up now. I should have bought one of the other luxury hybrid SUV's. Oops, I forgot, there aren't any.

I guess I am just stuck now with a great driving vehicle, that gets 27 mpg, that can pull my boat and is plenty big for my wife and I. I wish I would have waited for another 1 1/2 - 2 years to get the new latest-greatest 2010 400h with a 3rd row seat that I don't need and a new price tag several thousand dollars higher than the current model. My mistake.

"You could have bought a different vehicle."

I really screwed up now. I should have bought one of the other luxury hybrid SUV's. Oops, I forgot, there aren't any.

I guess I am just stuck now with a great driving vehicle, that gets 27 mpg, that can pull my boat and is plenty big for my wife and I. I wish I would have waited for another 1 1/2 - 2 years to get the new latest-greatest 2010 400h with a 3rd row seat that I don't need and a new price tag several thousand dollars higher than the current model. My mistake.

The new corvette actually had a price tag that was less than the older model. You don't know that it will cost more. You don't even really know what it will look like. Yes, its a hybrid and the only one pretty much, but you could have had a much more up to date vehicle is all I'm saying.

LOL, sorry but thats just stupid. You could have bought a different vehicle. You instead bought an aging vehicle that is about to be replaced. Thats like the guys that were buying 2004 vettes because they were getting a special deal or something instead of buying the new completely updated vehicle.

IN the case of the 400H, its extremely dated at this point. My 2006 is dated and they are still going on and on, they should have done a redone already.

Oh yea ... real important to always have the newest, and latest and greatest in car body 'style' :rolleyes:

Porsche, MB & Range Rover used to keep their body for appx 8 years, or more and when the manufacturer does that, it keeps costs down. God forbid we shouldn't tool up a new body style every 12 months or so, cuz that's just oh so important. What is it, a fashion contest, our transportation? God forbid that manufacturers can't work on more important design issues, like a car that gets over 100mpg, or (God forbid) electric ... and maybe get us all off the oil/crack cocain addiction. Just another dumb opinion, don't mind my ranting. But sheesh ... fossle fuel forever spiraling upward, which effects the cost of everything, and never mind supporting terrorist countires, but here we are, worrying about power and style. Not a pretty picture.

Gee, stupid me. I made the same mistake. Don't need or want a bigger vehicle. Didn't want to wait another 1 - 1.5 years.

IMHO buying a models 2-3 years into the design cycle is very smart. Loads of little detail upgrades and fixes take place.

Even Lexus refines and implements fixes every year. They become more reliable and trouble free.

I don't think the RX looks dated at all at this point. It has THE most elegant style of any SUV out there.

Oh, and I usually keep my vehicles 12 - 15 years.

/Steve

I believe the RX models are the only ones that still use a key, you don't call that dated???

Gee, stupid me. I made the same mistake. Don't need or want a bigger vehicle. Didn't want to wait another 1 - 1.5 years.

IMHO buying a models 2-3 years into the design cycle is very smart. Loads of little detail upgrades and fixes take place.

Even Lexus refines and implements fixes every year. They become more reliable and trouble free.

I don't think the RX looks dated at all at this point. It has THE most elegant style of any SUV out there.

Oh, and I usually keep my vehicles 12 - 15 years.

/Steve

Well can I join the stupid club too. I bought a 2008 RX 400h this year because I too don't want a bigger vehicle and especially third row seats that are just a big nuisance if you don't need them. Oh and by the way for me the new stuff i would have had to wait 1.5 years for, well guess what i wont be the guinea pig like many times the first year of a new generation usually has a lot of little bugs that need to be worked out. Oh and the sticker price, well if the Highlander Hybrid is any indication, the next RX 400h will go up considerably I suspect by around $5000 or more. So for me I would have had to wait more like 2.5 years for the 2011 mod year in order to avoid the debugging process and all the while gas is headed to $6.00 a gallon, yes they are now predicting $200 a barrel oil in the near future. Who knows I don't have a crystal ball but the upward spiral still seems to be advancing awfully fast. We just hit $ 3.80 for regular today here in Ohio.

Anyhow just my 2 cents .

From what I understood, the new Rx will come in 2 sizes.. 5 seater and 7 seater.. that would make sense.

Or could it also be that they want to split the RX market into a Wagon and 7 seater... since we know that a wagon is coming.

Anyway, I think the RX is not outdated yet, actually I think Lexii in general age very well. I would have preferred a smart key too, and seat cooling.. and a better designed centre console (that ex-sigarette lighter and cassette machine do look really old) but these are details.... actually I might redesign that little part where the ex-sigarette lighter is myself... it comes of easily..

From what I understood, the new Rx will come in 2 sizes.. 5 seater and 7 seater.. that would make sense.

Or could it also be that they want to split the RX market into a Wagon and 7 seater... since we know that a wagon is coming.

Anyway, I think the RX is not outdated yet, actually I think Lexii in general age very well. I would have preferred a smart key too, and seat cooling.. and a better designed centre console (that ex-sigarette lighter and cassette machine do look really old) but these are details.... actually I might redesign that little part where the ex-sigarette lighter is myself... it comes of easily..

I don't think we'll see a 7 seater RX before the Lexus HSD version of the RAV4 becomes available. And when the 7 seat RX does become available the only avaialbe body size will be equivalent to the HH with a third seat optional.

Maybe just wishfull thinking but with gas prices still headed north a Lexus HSD ~2.3L I4 version of the RAV4 would be HOT...!!

Where do I send my deposit..??