Rx330 Vibrations

starforce

What a shame that all the RX330 messages concerning the vibration problems got wiped out. I am still battling Lexus on my issue. They have bascially told me there is no solution for the excessive vibrations in the steering column when I come to a stop and the AC/Heater cycle backs and forth. I have taken my concerns to the BBB and the Tennessee consumer affairs. There is no excuse for this. Anyone wanting to email me you can at starforce@hotmail.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I go before an impartial Arbitration board on January 9th 2004.My goal, is to get Lexus to issue a TSB for the excessive vibration in the RX330. Anyone wanting to help me can by sending an email to me saying that your car has this problem. Send all emails to starforce@hotmail.com. I will then take then submit them as proof. I will update everyone on my progress

Thanks,

Happy Holidays

starforce, I'm a RX330 waiter. You indicated that posts involving vibrations were "wiped" off this forum. Is that correct? And what is specifically the issue? Does it manifest itself during a test drive before acceptance of the vehicle. Any input would be appreciated. TIA ( doncapecod@comcast.net )

:)

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be A LOT of excessive vibrations and noise on the 2004 RX 330. I too notice the steering wheel vibration.

I also have a WHINNING noise from the rear end during deceleration between 55 and 40 mph.

There is also a popping noise under the car when placing & removing your foot (accelerate & decelerate) on the accelerator

These noises are just not acceptable on a $45,000 CAR!!!

Mike Aversa,

It really isn't acceptable for a 40,000 car.I go before Arbitration tomorrow. I just wished more people who have this problem would stick together so we could get it fixed. Lexus/Toyota is a big company and will never be influenced by just one person. I need help. Today Large corporation are so insulated that you have make a major statement. I just hope when Consumer Reports and other trade magazine come out that enough customers voice their dissapointment in this car. Also,I will never trust edmunds.com . I believe most the comments there are from car dealers.I saw many salemans at Lexus entering information into the discussion boards.

A/C heater cycling back and forth.....

You can solve some of this by relocating the OAT, Outside Air Temperature, sensor away from the A/C condensor and engine radiator where it is often influenced, biased, via radiant heat from those devices while stopped or driving slowly.

I moved mine, 01 RX300, to just behind the bumper opening beneath the driver's side head lamp. This problem goes all the way back to at least 92. In about 93 I moved the 92 LS' OAT into the passenger side front fender well.

I also notice the noise/vibration from the compressor. It's winter here in NY, but when it's in the 40's and the compressor is on to de-humdify, I am annoyed with this noise/vibration...

You have my vote.. :o

Hi there,

How did you end up doing with your arbitration?

I have an 04 RX330 and have the same problem, and some rattling under the car they cannot seem to fix. I’ve only done 1000 miles and I’m a little annoyed they cannot get it right.

Thanks

Brad

Ok, Here is what happened. I went before a NCDS arbitration board on January 14th and explained to them about the poor service and vibration problems experienced in my RX330. I showed the board emails from other owners who experienced the same problem and then I demonstrated the vibration problem as best I could because it was only 30 degrees outside and the A/C didn't cycle on and off as much but it did happen. The Lexus regional representative from the South East district flew in from Atlanta and basically said "The car is working as design" nothing more nothing less. About a week later, I received in the mail the verdict that I didn't prove my case, which is just a bunch of bull. Anyways, I will be selling my LEXUS RX330 and I hope this message board doesn't disappear. I never have been so disappointed with a car in my life. Now, the dashboard makes popping noises on cold days when I drive over bumps in the road. Like I stated earlier in one of the messages. The only thing Lexus/Toyota will listen to is if people give the car a bad rating with JDPowers and Consumer Reports. Good luck everyone with your RX330 and I can truly say it has been a nightmare. I will stick with Infinitis/Nissan from now on. That is all I have driven in the past and have learned a very expensive lesson.

Ok, I have recieved serveral emails suggesting we report the vibration and transmission problem to the NHTSA. This will begin the next phase in trying to get these problem resolved. Lexus isn't going to move one bit until we get together.Also, check out edumnds.com discussion board for other people having the same problems.

the NHTSA website is

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq

my email is starforce@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...
I got Lexus to fix my vibration problem. They created a vibration kit for me. It took a lot of work but they caved in. Thanks for all the help.

OK, we are pleased your prblem is fixed.

Can you share with us what the problem was (technical term) and the steps taken to remedy the vibrations?

• 1 year later...

So, the factoried trained mechanics that we all pay for at Lexus is just another way to take more of your hard earned money. How sad a one year old car has rattles, spueeks, whatever. I guess that is the new quality control and it is normal on a RX330. My six year old RX300 doesn't have those issues other than the front shock mounts which I ended up fixing myself. That gentleman is right in that you RX330 owners should ban together and get Lexus off their butt to fix the problems. Absolutely no excuse is acceptable. Heck you can buy two Hondas for the price of the RX330 and they are probably quiet, and you will probably be treated better. The free loaner, and coffee and donuts, and bottled water in the waiting area of Lexus are to smooth you over for the poor service. I learned my lesson, unfortunately most people can't repair the car themselves. File a complaint with the State Attorney general or Bureau of Automotive repair in your state. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
I got Lexus to fix my vibration problem. They created a vibration kit for me. It took a lot of work but they caved in. Thanks for all the help.

OK, we are pleased your prblem is fixed.

Can you share with us what the problem was (technical term) and the steps taken to remedy the vibrations?

Did you ever get a response to what is causing this vibartion and how it was fixed? I live in UK with an RX300 SE that has the same problem. Lexus recognise it as a problem but have no cure. Help! It's driving me mad!!!!!