15 Minutes Could Save You 15% Or More....

Mhouse11

USAA, but you've got to be military, or directly related to military..

and check your fonts....your screaming at everyone with that big font!

USAA, but you've got to be military, or directly related to military..

and check your fonts....your screaming at everyone with that big font!

I love ya NC, but im gonna have to disagree with you here. I had USAA (active duty service member), and for insurance, on the ZX-2 ONLY was $2775 every 6 months. It started out at about $1500 every 6 months. But then it jumped for no known reason, other than a ticket i got (71 in a 55) but come on, would 1 ticket raise my rates over $1,000 every 6 months? I THINK NOT! I was paying roughly $460 a month for full coverage after the increase, with no glass, no rental, no roadside, and a $1,000 deductible. I told them after a month of those rates that they had 36 hours to figure out why my rates jumped with only 1 ticket in that timeframe, or i would cancel and switch to geico, who had quoted me $1200 every 6 months, with the same driving record, $250 deductible, glass and rental included...

I was 20 years old at the time, but $460 a month! I have an uncle with 2 DUI's in the last 5 years who doesnt pay that!

Needless to say, they couldnt figure it out, so i cancelled, went with geico, and now pay $80 a month for full coverage, at 23 years old, with a sedan now instead of a coupe, same saftey features, no worse driving record than i had then, newer car, $250 deductible, glass, roadside, rental, and the new Mechical Breakdown coverage with a $100 deductible.

Screw USAA Auto ins.

their renters ins is good though. USAA Auto is good if you are over the age of 30 with multiple vehciles and toys (bikes, boats, etc...)

Wow, that's a pretty substantial increase in your rate man! I agree though, USAA is great if you're over the 25 years of age hump. I'm 34, had them since day one. I always had my tickets handled by some quick-draw-McGraw lawyer type, so my rates never went over about $150 a month, with max deductible of $500. Never had any DUI's or other types of tickets, but did have my fair share of speeding tickets in my teenage years. Now a days, my rates are less than $90 a month for BOTH cars, full coverage, $250 deductible, rentable car/windshield, the whole nine yards. But, I also have my house and personal property covered with them as well. Plus, the 4runner loan is with them. If you have access to USAA, and like you said, can bundle up your stuff with them, they're one the best out there. My homeowner's insurance isn't but $45 a month, and that covers beyond the value by about $20,000 with coverage of anything that I might have on the property at the time "mine or not". Of course, it also helps that we as a family have been with them since the 60's. Been there so long actually, that they send us rebate checks twice a year, due to excessive buildup in our escrow accounts. I'm talkin' checks in the $100-$200 range.

The key to insurance coverage, is time. The longer you stay with one company, the better they become and better they treat you, in my honest opinion. I've seen guys hop around from company to company to save on their initial rate, only to get hosed when they needed to file a claim. USAA has it's quirks, that's for sure. But in our experience, on the 4 claims we've ever made to them, the check was in our hands the next day, via Fed Ex, no questions asked.

But, they're just like any other insurance company sometimes....and do some strange stuff. I honestly think it's how you treat them that makes the difference. Those people on the other end of the phone line have so much power to mess with your file, I'd be amazed if someone having a bad day doesn't hit the "elevate" key once or twice when getting barked at. I'm in the business of financing large commercial real estate, dependent on brokers to bring me the deals. But if I get one that rubs me the wrong way, I'll kill the deal, no matter if it's the perfect deal or not.

It depends on your situation. We're with State Farm (vehicles and house and personal property), squeaky clean driving records, and we also charge every purchase we can to our State Farm Visa cards since we earn "State Farm dollars" that can be applied to our insurance premiums twice a year. Bottom line - our car insurance is usually free or almost free every year. It's a great program, but you should never use it as an excuse to max out your credit card. The credit card account rule in our household since the late 1970s has always been this very simple requirement - when the Visa bill arrives each month, it will ALWAYS be paid in full by the due date, no exceptions period. I don't pay interest of any kind to anyone, and my wife has to play by those rules as well or else suffer the consequences. Don't ask what those consequences are - if I told you, I'd have to kill you....

Honestly, it just depends who gives you as an individual the right price. I have a horrible time finding a reasonable insurance carrier. I'm 19, on my second car with an absolute clean record, and my current car is a pretty safe 2000 ES300. Absolute cheapest with bare state minimum and highest deductibles is $153 a month with Unitrin Direct. I previously had Geico who I had with my previous car (a paid for 1999 Mazda 626) and when I changed cars went from 80 to $330, trickled down to $271 at cheapest. Obviously this is ridiculous so, screw Geico and their lame advertising gimmicks.

Honestly, it just depends who gives you as an individual the right price. I have a horrible time finding a reasonable insurance carrier. I'm 19, on my second car with an absolute clean record, and my current car is a pretty safe 2000 ES300. Absolute cheapest with bare state minimum and highest deductibles is $153 a month with Unitrin Direct. I previously had Geico who I had with my previous car (a paid for 1999 Mazda 626) and when I changed cars went from 80 to $330, trickled down to $271 at cheapest. Obviously this is ridiculous so, screw Geico and their lame advertising gimmicks.

your rates went up like that because the cost to repair you new car more than tripled, even if it was a used, 8 year old Lexus.

Marry a young female insurance broker who can get rock-bottom corporate discounts for immediate family members and your car insurance woes are behind you. And if she looks like Jessica Alba yet cooks like Rachael Ray, you're set for life....

Lol... I think that'd be illegal for me, unless !Removed! marriages are allowed now. Besides that, I wouldn't compromise my sexuality preference for insurance rates, I'll just suck it up and pay it (like I really had any other choice anyway...)

In Texas State Farm is about the highest you can get. They told me a price and I stayed with METLIFE. I pay approx $700 a year for 2 cars and a bike (not in Texas).

Insurance is a scam I feel. Blow a !Removed! and your rates go up...

My rates never go up...I simply use it as catastrophic coverage and have high enough deductibles to save me the appropriate amount of money and pay out of pocket for small stuff.