Piaa Fog Lights

scottmcc

Hello all

I am using user(CAPE COD's) photo from the club lexus forum for illustration purposes.. Thanks cape cod.

I am installing some PIAA 1400 fog lights in the area indicated on this photo. As i get more into this project I see that these vents appear to be vents for the brakes.

Will this cause any problems? I see some WALD kits do not have this vent.

post-55064-1209834237_thumb.jpg

its late and I'll post more pix in the morning.. Looks awesome...Love it... pictures don't do it justice... You can literally drive with the parking and PIAA's only... I have them aimed 5 degrees downward so there is no interference with oncoming traffic... I wired them into the parking lights so they come on with them.. there is also an override switch to turn them off if needed...

I decided that there is enough airflow that goes past the PIAA's to cool the brakes.. I will let you know if I made the right decision..

Here are pix of parking and PIAA's only & all lights..

post-55064-1209870649_thumb.jpg

post-55064-1209870671_thumb.jpg

its late and I'll post more pix in the morning.. Looks awesome...Love it... pictures don't do it justice... You can literally drive with the parking and PIAA's only... I have them aimed 5 degrees downward so there is no interference with oncoming traffic... I wired them into the parking lights so they come on with them.. there is also an override switch to turn them off if needed...

I decided that there is enough airflow that goes past the PIAA's to cool the brakes.. I will let you know if I made the right decision..

Here are pix of parking and PIAA's only & all lights..

So, you're out to impress oncoming drivers, drivers who you will undoubtedly never know or meet.

May I ask why..??

I never have to worry about anyone pulling out in front of me as they will always see me coming.. Actually living just off Lake Michigan we have alot of early morning fog and the stock fog lights on the lexus are worthless..

post-55064-1209922085_thumb.jpg

post-55064-1209922098_thumb.jpg

WWEST,

I want the ability to have fog light control with out having to have head lights on.. When driving in Fog or Heavy snow the LEXUS HID's are so bright and white that it makes driving difficult..

I have a set of these PIAA's on my camaro and Durango and it makes a huge difference in driving in these conditions..

I never have to worry about anyone pulling out in front of me as they will always see me coming.. Actually living just off Lake Michigan we have alot of early morning fog and the stock fog lights on the lexus are worthless..

They look great. Nice installation and looks like there's enough of a gap for air flow. :cheers:

I absolutely love them and am very happy with the install.. !!!

Here in Michigan we drive on alot of highways where there is no light due to the wilderness and there is always high risk of hitting deer that are in the road.. The more light you have....the better! (It makes thier eyes shine & glow so you can see them)

I absolutely love them and am very happy with the install.. !!!

Here in Michigan we drive on alot of highways where there is no light due to the wilderness and there is always high risk of hitting deer that are in the road.. The more light you have....the better! (It makes thier eyes shine & glow so you can see them)

Fog light lens and reflectors are specifically designed to provide a LOW and WIDE, "close in", forward light pattern. They will generally do more to negate a portion of your forward vision rather than be of help in the situation you describe. If it's the fog light "pattern" that's being reflected from the deer's eyes you are already TOO close to stop.

WWEST- Yes, that is true ! I am still going to go with more is better theory.....

Ok Ok you busted me.!! I did it out of pure vanity..mid life crisis, I want everyone to notice me and my Lexus and how cool it looks now in the daylight..LOL :D

WWEST- Yes, that is true ! I am still going to go with more is better theory.....

I think if you want more you could, as SK suggested, upgrade your oem fogs as well.

Btw, the 05 was the best looking of the 430 series imo. :cheers:

For even better coverage you could switch all your fog light bulbs out to yellow bulbs (ie NOKYAs) They help a lot more in poor weather.

They look cooler too so people will notice you more. Make you feel better about yourself since that's what you're striving for with your outlandish foglights ;) haha

You got it JCROME...!!! Just like me and my Michigan Man TED NUGENT... THe more candle power the better..!!!

He likes to burn retina's out at a thousand yards.... He's an off road guy....and likes to be noticed too!

Not me really,, Ted is a little extreme.. I like to keep it a little more low key.. But I will get noticed..

Just for those who took me seriously, No I am not out to blind everyone with my driving lights. It is kind of a internal Michigan joke about driving in backroads michigan.. Ted Nugent once was quoted about his truck that had some ungodly amout of candle power on his truck 100K+.. and he was asked why? and his answer was he wanted to burn retina's out at long distances...

Yes, I am a very courteous driver and do not drive with all my lights on all the time....but it is nice to have it when you need it...