Oem Gx470 Wheels On Lx450

syrinxstar

I have chrome 16x8 wheels on my LX450 that are peeling and don't look very good. I have a line on some OEM GX470 wheels for cheap and I'm wondering if this fitment is possible. I've had a hard time finding the backspacing specs for both of these wheels. I'd like to keep the overall tire diameter the same so I don't have to deal with speedometer issues.

Any advice is appreciated -

Mike

The wheels on the 450 are 4" backspacing.

I was thinking along the same lines a while back. Based on the lug pattern, at least from looking, they seem like they'd fit.

Unless you can find out what the backspacing is on the GX rims, you won't know for sure (unless you test swap them).

If you do happen to get a GX wheel to try, I suggest you test it on the rear and NOT the front. The front will fit pretty much any wheel. In the rear, however, the brake caliper is usually what you want to be able to clear. So the rule of thumb (at least with the LX450) is that if it fits in the rear, it'll fit up front too.

Doug

Thanks for the tip Doug.

I was told they are a good bolt-on fit without spacers. I was also told though that the center caps may not fit on the front if the hub sticks out too much so I'll have to check that.

I will get the GX wheels in about a week and will post my findings. I got them for cheap enough that I should be able to resell them if it doesn't work out.

Mike

To my knoledge any Toyota/Lexus 6 lug pattern wheel is completely interchangeable within something like a 5 yr span...also you may be interested to know that toyota has the same 6 lug pattern as GM so if you can't find a custom wheel you like for your truck you may want to just figure out what the actually offset is and check out what that company has for a GM product.

hope this helps.

I tried the OEM GX470 wheels on my LX450. The fit the hub and bolt pattern, as expected, but the backspacing is too much. They sit about an inch further into the wheel well than the stock wheel. <_< I'd have to use spacers, which I'm not interested in doing.

FYI - the specs on the OEM GX470 wheel are:

17 x 7.5JJ

25 mm offset

5 3/16 in backspacing