Newbie Needs Help With Transmission

Hello Esteemed Board Memebers,

I'm a newbie and have enjoyed reading the great info on this board. Thanks for all your knowledgable posts!

Now a question ... I'm looking for instructions for dropping the transmission pan (with pictures) to do a tranny oil change. I've been searching for days... I know I've seen it on this board (?), club lexus (?), intellexual (?), Soarer (?) or some other board before - but can't locate it anymore! Will someone kindly provide a link to it?

The instruction needed is for an 97 SC300 but if someone can confirm the tranny drop is the same for an SC300 as it is for an LS or SC400 then I'll take it!

I'm a newbie and have enjoyed reading the great info on this board. Thanks for all your knowledgable posts!

Now a question ... I'm looking for instructions for dropping the transmission pan (with pictures) to do a tranny oil change. I've been searching for days... I know I've seen it on this board (?), club lexus (?), intellexual (?), Soarer (?) or some other board before - but can't locate it anymore! Will someone kindly provide a link to it?

The instruction needed is for an 97 SC300 but if someone can confirm the tranny drop is the same for an SC300 as it is for an LS or SC400 then I'll take it!

dropping the pan isnt acually neccesary to change the fluid.

it is however required to change the filter.

remember to use the right fluid.

dropping the pan isnt acually neccesary to change the fluid.

it is however required to change the filter.

remember to use the right fluid.

Isn't the filter reusable and only needs a good cleaning with "gunk out" when the pan is dropped? The filter doesn't need to be changed right? For ATF, I'm using Chevron MD3 - their version of Decron III.

the sc300 and sc400 has the same auto trans the a340e

the correct fluid to use is Type T-II.... i beleive.

i would use a new filter.

if im going through the trouble of dropping the pan , i would spend the 20 bucks on a filter& gasket set.

the sc300 and sc400 has the same auto trans the a340e

the correct fluid to use is Type T-II.... i beleive.

i would use a new filter.

if im going through the trouble of dropping the pan , i would spend the 20 bucks on a filter& gasket set.

Didn't think the filter's replaceable but i might be wrong. the "gasket" is silicone and the dipstick says Decron III. What am i missing?