I Just Got My Gs

hey all,

i am glad to join this club since i just got my GS 300 2008 couple days ago, frosty white :)

any advice what kinda care i should take of it?

apparently no advise

ok a Question

does anyone find it kinda noisy while riding at speed above 80 km/hr?

hey all,

i am glad to join this club since i just got my GS 300 2008 couple days ago, frosty white :)

any advice what kinda care i should take of it?

Congrats on the "new" car :cheers: Welcome to the club.

The noise on the highway may be cause by the run flat tires, I am assuming you have run-flat tire. The I agree button on the nav can be disable by the lock pick module some have put in their GS to bypass nav lockout while driving. The 08 GS350 here in the USA does not have the I agree button anymore.

The noise on the highway may be cause by the run flat tires, I am assuming you have run-flat tire. The I agree button on the nav can be disable by the lock pick module some have put in their GS to bypass nav lockout while driving. The 08 GS350 here in the USA does not have the I agree button anymore.

sorry :S

, what is a run flat tire?? and what can i do about it

and the where do i get the lock pick module?

thanks again .. sorry again

A run-flat tire is specially designed to allow you to continue use of the tire after it has been punctured, for up to 50 miles at 50mph. You will get a low tire pressure warning light appear in the dash while you're driving which should clue you as to a possible puncture. Once punctured, the tire must be replaced, and if you have an all-wheel drive system, you would have to replace all 4 tires if the depth of the tire treads would be different between the old and new tires.

Upgrading to the 7.1 version will get rid of the I Agree nag screen at startup for the generation 5 navigation system.

A run-flat tire is specially designed to allow you to continue use of the tire after it has been punctured, for up to 50 miles at 50mph. You will get a low tire pressure warning light appear in the dash while you're driving which should clue you as to a possible puncture. Once punctured, the tire must be replaced, and if you have an all-wheel drive system, you would have to replace all 4 tires if the depth of the tire treads would be different between the old and new tires.

Upgrading to the 7.1 version will get rid of the I Agree nag screen at startup for the generation 5 navigation system.

well i am driving using regular dunlop tires that came with the car, i dont know if they are run flat or what ...

and how do i upgrade to 7.1, can i do it or i have to take it to the dealer?

thanks again

If its the Dunlop sport 5000, then they are run flats. Run flats can be noisy on the highway. You can change them to regular tires and it will be quieter, make sure you have a spare tire. The nav software can be purchase from the dealer. Since you just bought the car and its a 08, I would ask your dealer to upgarde it to version 7.1 for free.

If its the Dunlop sport 5000, then they are run flats. Run flats can be noisy on the highway. You can change them to regular tires and it will be quieter, make sure you have a spare tire. The nav software can be purchase from the dealer. Since you just bought the car and its a 08, I would ask your dealer to upgarde it to version 7.1 for free.

i have dunlop sport 2050 .. and i asked the dealer about the upgrade they said i have the latest version, how do i check my version? and can i update manually?

thanks

The dunlop sport 2050 are not run flats but most owners complain about how noisy they are, Change them if you are looking for better performance and quieter ride.

You can find out what version you have by hitting the info button next to the Nav unit. In the USA, its up to gen 5 and software version 7.1. Thats might not be the case in Saudi Arabia.