New Owner Of 1990 Lexus Ls-400

rfred

I'm a new owner of a 1990 Lexus LS-400. Last night the car shut down at 55mph. But not completely shut off.

Then it will stall for about 5 minutes, not getting over 15 mph. Then it would run find after that.

My question is do I have a Bad Gas. OR something major wrong. I had the fuel filter and fuel injection done?

Thanks

Rick

I'm a new owner of a 1990 Lexus LS-400. Last night the car shut down at 55mph. But not completely shut off.

Then it will stall for about 5 minutes, not getting over 15 mph. Then it would run find after that.

My question is do I have a Bad Gas. OR something major wrong. I had the fuel filter and fuel injection done?

Thanks

Rick

When you say you had the fi done, what was done? Why was it done and how was the car running before the service? Also are you getting any warning lights?

When our old Lexus runs rough, it seems that most people suspect fuel problems. But looking at the voluminous posts on this forum, I would check out your ignition wiring, especially since the car broke down, but then came partially back to life. Be sure to check the 2 coil wires, especially the one on the drivers side-if the cap that holds that wire in place loosens, all hell breaks loose, since it is the one wire that is affected by gravity if loose. Worked for me. Best of luck...

When our old Lexus runs rough, it seems that most people suspect fuel problems. But looking at the voluminous posts on this forum, I would check out your ignition wiring, especially since the car broke down, but then came partially back to life. Be sure to check the 2 coil wires, especially the one on the drivers side-if the cap that holds that wire in place loosens, all hell breaks loose, since it is the one wire that is affected by gravity if loose. Worked for me. Best of luck...