Mark Levinson Subwoofer Replacement

fl470

Does anyone know how to pull the back interior panel to access the Mark Levinson subwoofer? Apparently, my wife has been enjoying the system, and managed to blow the subwoofer. Does anyone know of a parts supplier for a replacement. The dealer wants $450+ for the part alone.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to pull the back interior panel to access the Mark Levinson subwoofer? Apparently, my wife has been enjoying the system, and managed to blow the subwoofer. Does anyone know of a parts supplier for a replacement. The dealer wants $450+ for the part alone.

Thanks.

would recommend searching this topic on www.ih8mud.com for aftermarket replacements

• 4 months later...

Thanks.

If you still need an answer on this, drop me a reply. I have instructions for accessing the interior panel as well as a parts supplier for the replacement sub.

Thanks.

If you still need an answer on this, drop me a reply. I have instructions for accessing the interior panel as well as a parts supplier for the replacement sub.

please hook me up with the parts supplier as well for the replacement sub. thanks! Oaxaca!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

Thanks.

I am interested in both accessing the interior panel as well as a parts supplier. Thanks.

Thanks.

I am interested in both accessing the interior panel as well as a parts supplier. Thanks.

I'm also interested in a supplier for the subwoofer. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks.

Hi, if you still have the directions, please email them to me at Morph1376@aol.com

I seem to have blown my subwoofer. Any idea of a replacement?

Thank you

• 8 months later...

Thanks.

****Please email me the parts supplier for the replacement sub, I blew mine as well. jotani2@aol.com Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks.

I cannot get the subwoofer cover off the back panel. I see white plastic fasteners inside the trunk that appear to be holding the package shelf in place. Do you have to remove the entire shelf toget to the speaker or can you just remove the speaker cover?

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Would appreciate if you could email me the information on the supplier and the instructions. It seems that we blew our subwoofer also. You can email me at jb@mytotstravel.com Thanks.

The sub woofer is only 8 inches. I feel it doesnt give me enough bass. Has anyone put in a separate 12 subwoofer in its own box with its own amp?

I have a 2010 ES350 and I put a separate sub in its own enclosure with its own amp in the trunk. I left the OEM sub-woofer in place and active, and took the signal from it to the new subs amp. The result is perfect for me. It fills out the deep bottom and adds depth to the mixture of the tonal range. I did not have this configured to vibrate the hood of the car next to me at a stop light. It's only an 8" speaker. The problem and benefit of ML systems is that each speaker is tuned through a network of amplifiers and crossovers such that when you try to tinker with one you throw off the balance of the whole. However, with the sub-woofer addition your merely taking one low range of frequencies and boosting the signal.

Paul

• 6 months later...

My sincerest apologies to everyone on this thread for never having replied to all of these requests. Obviously I have not been active in the club for some time now. However, one of you managed to reach my e-mail and it brought me back here. THIS is the supplier you are looking for:

Lexus of Pembroke Pines

16150 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines, FL 33027

1-888-373-4470

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214082&catalogid=0

The ordering system is a bit confusing but the part can be found under INSTRUMENT PANEL then SOUND SYSTEM then WOOFER then PIONEER. Currently its $138.13 plus shipping of about $11.

These are absolutely the best prices I have seen for older Lexus parts.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=214082&chapter=ARB8910&appSectionid=2610&groupid=2644&subgroupid=6125&componentid=15364&make=20&model=LX%20470&year=2001&catalogid=2

As for the install instructions, I have lost them. BUT, I will try to find them online again and post back here.

Good luck all!

My sincerest apologies to everyone on this thread for never having replied to all of these requests. Obviously I have not been active in the club for some time now. However, one of you managed to reach my e-mail and it brought me back here. THIS is the supplier you are looking for:

Lexus of Pembroke Pines

16150 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines, FL 33027

1-888-373-4470

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214082&catalogid=0

The ordering system is a bit confusing but the part can be found under INSTRUMENT PANEL then SOUND SYSTEM then WOOFER then PIONEER. Currently its $138.13 plus shipping of about $11.

These are absolutely the best prices I have seen for older Lexus parts.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=214082&chapter=ARB8910&appSectionid=2610&groupid=2644&subgroupid=6125&componentid=15364&make=20&model=LX%20470&year=2001&catalogid=2

As for the install instructions, I have lost them. BUT, I will try to find them online again and post back here.

Good luck all!

I couldn't track down my copy of the manual but this is where I originally bought it. https://techinfo.toyota.com

You can subscribe to this site at $15 for 2-day access. You can download and keep all the manuals you want for that price (They are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format).

• 6 months later...

Thanks.

Oaxaca, I have a blown subwoofer also and I need the parts supplier and instructions for accessing the interior panel. Thanks you very much in advance.

• 3 months later...

Cheapest actual Mark Levinson subwoofer I have found is at sewellparts.com. If you register with your user id to this forum you can get the sub for $380 I believe. I am pretty sure the sub supplier mentioned above only has the pioneer replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've replaced my subwoofer twice. Once you take the seat out & flip the carpet, remove the screws, the whole panel would snap out. Remove the screws around the sub box then unplug the connector. Once you remove the foam around the speaker, you can get to the screws to replace the speaker.

eBay use to have this Jl audio replacement speaker rated at 75 watts & 8 ohms for $100. It has to be 8ohms. Anything lower than 8ohms would cause your stereo to shut down. A standard 8' 8ohm house speaker should do the trick.

So I could buy this Kicker 8" 8 ohms sub http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20610C88/Kicker-10C88.html?search=Kicker+VENDORID206&tp=111

and put it in place of of the Mark Levinson sub and wouldn't need to make any other modifications to the amp or anything else??

• 1 month later...