Snow Handling Of 2002 Es 300

diver

The TC does work great. It seems impossible to slide/fishtail on even a pedal to the floor start. You just go in a straight line, although if it's slippery - you go slower and slower.

The key are the tires. Wide, low tread depth, quiet slicks will have you stopped dead in no time; but you'll still be pointed straight ahead!

Tom

Dont get snow here.. very rare... so I have never got to test it out.. but considering the Early ES300 was FWD i guess it would be alot easier to drive in the snow.

I have tested ABS on ice and wow you can hear those brakes judder and soon brings the car to a halt!

The ES300 still is and has always been FWD ;)

Thats why it doesn't fishtail from a start. The only Lexus I'd drive in the snow other than the SUVs, I've driven my dad's LS400 (RWD) in the snow, and its useless.

SW03es,

I understand the FWD=no fishtail. I was referring to the FWD version of it (that's why I said slide/fishtail) where a hard acceleration spins the front wheels, then the front end slides out down hill. This causes the car to be pointed somewhere else besides down-the-road. An old fishtail was the same thing except the rear slides downhill and the car points to the other side of the road. The result is that if your front tires finally bite in, you drive straight off the road! But not in a Lexus with TC.

Tom

Nope, the ES is on the Camry platform and its front drive. In my limited experience on CL, it seems to me that the most cherished members are the ones who really don't know what they're talking about, they just like to see themselves type. Since its so quiet here (for now) I say we make sure that's not the way things are done here ;)

As for the front sliding, I do agree the traction control does a good job of keeping it at bay.

In my limited experience on CL, it seems to me that the most cherished members are the ones who really don't know what they're talking about, they just like to see themselves type. Since its so quiet here (for now) I say we make sure that's not the way things are done here ;)

this is not Club Lexus

nor will it ever be like Club Lexus - we will always be a friendly, relaxed place to hang out - check your ego at the door on the way in!

:D :D :lol::lol:

Our moderators will make sure that it stays that way too.

As to being quiet? Working on fixing that at the moment - this place will be very lively shortly!