Transmission Runs In Low Rpm When Engine Check Light Is On.

yes, my tranny works fine until the engine check light turns on. then it wouldnt down shift when i floor the gas either. and also the tranny slippd once when i went over 80mph and yes this only happens when that engine check light is on, does anyone know or herd of this problem? thanks

have either of you had the lights checked out? That will usually tell you exactly whats wrong..

Also there is some issue with a group of wire around the trunk hinge.. I don't know too much about that though, maybe that could attribute to it..? Someone else could have more info on that.

have either of you had the lights checked out? That will usually tell you exactly whats wrong..

Also there is some issue with a group of wire around the trunk hinge.. I don't know too much about that though, maybe that could attribute to it..? Someone else could have more info on that.

get my lights checked where? dealerships? and i already did the the trunk hinge thing, thats not it.

The Check Engine Light (CEL). There is a computer in the car that stores all error codes, and will transmit a specific error number to a code reader. From there, you post up what that error code number is, and usually someone will translate it for you. You can most likely take the car to your local auto parts store and they'll hook up their gadget machine to the computer port, pull the code, and tell you what they are. This is the 1st thing any mechanic is going to do to your car, before doing anything else. The dealership will charge you over $100 just for this check, so it's best to take advantage of the nice folks at your local Autozone, as they usually do it for free. I believe you have the OBDI series "OBDII became federal law in 96'", which breaksdown the codes even further, and required all cars sold in the US to have a universal terminal port for computers to hook into. If you look at a car made beyond 96', you'll usually find this terminal around the driver's left knee area.

Before buying a bunch of parts, I'd have this done. You might find it's something as simple as a traction control fuse ;)