Oil Change For 05 Rx330

ack94wv

I just recently purchased a 2005 rx330 from a local dealer. The dealer gave me an extended warranty on the vehicle and said they would cover everything with OEM parts. They also informed me that the vehicle had just passed their companies certified used car test and the the oil had been changed. I have run the car for about 1000 miles since the purchase last month and my maintenance required light flashes about 6 times when I turn the car on. I have read in the manual that this light means the oil needs changed, but I know that was just completed. Is this just a mileage warning light that needs to be reset after an oil change, and if so, how do I reset it? Thanks for your time!

I, too, have an 05 330 and my mileage reminder comes on at 5000 mile intervals, after I reset it during each oil change. I just had my light come on 500 miles prior to the 40000 mile odometer reading but it went out after a few miles. Then it came on a hundred or so miles later. I did an oil change just yesterday and reset the light using the procedure in the manual. In case you don't have it - hold the odometer reset button down and turn the key to run (not start!) and hold the button down until the light goes out.

I have NEVER had my light flash 6 times, or any number of times for that matter. I would check with your service department and see if this isn't a malfunction code or something.

Gary

ack94wv,

If you are absolutely sure the dealer changed the oil, you can follow the procedure mentioned by Gary. I would suggest you reread page 79 in the 2005 Owner's manual. It really covers this issue quite well. It is possible that the person who changed the oil forgot to reset the reminder light.

You might also want to double-check with the dealer to see if there is any record of them actually changing the oil. Sometimes service bays get busy and mistakes happen. If there is no actual record of them making the change, it would be safer to just go ahead and get an oil change to be on the safe side.

I too recently purchased a 2005 RX330. But, since I am a bit psycho about my oil, I immediately replaced whatever was in the car with Mobil1 and a new filter. I also reset the light. In the 2,500 miles since the change my light has not come on.

Bob

I too recently purchased a 2005 RX330. But, since I am a bit psycho about my oil, I immediately replaced whatever was in the car with Mobil1 and a new filter. I also reset the light. In the 2,500 miles since the change my light has not come on.

Bob

Is this reset method for 330 only? I own 2003 RX300 since Jan 08.

• 3 weeks later...