04 Es330

As a second car, I only drive it once a month. I put in a new battery ten months ago and then again two months ago. The battery went dead again. My mechanic claims it is because I don't drive it. He told me to buy a trickle charger. Is this true or is something wrong with the car to make the batter keep dying? Thanks

As a second car, I only drive it once a month. I put in a new battery ten months ago and then again two months ago. The battery went dead again. My mechanic claims it is because I don't drive it. He told me to buy a trickle charger. Is this true or is something wrong with the car to make the batter keep dying? Thanks

Some cars drain battery sooner then others. With all the elc on cars today, it is nothing new. I had a problem with my ES and what I did was load test and then mulit-meter test every day and see what is going on. Could be a bad battery or something is eating your battery (alarm, clock, ECU etc)..

Welcome to LOC..where the fun never stops! LOL

But its not only good for the battery to start the car every week or so its also good for the belts to be run, the oil and fuel pumps to be used, the starter to snap corrosion off.

I'd start it up and drive it around the block every week even if I had a battery tender.

But its not only good for the battery to start the car every week or so its also good for the belts to be run, the oil and fuel pumps to be used, the starter to snap corrosion off.

I'd start it up and drive it around the block every week even if I had a battery tender.

I agree with what mburnickas said, mainly because a ride around the block is not sufficient to heat up the oil enough to burn out the blow-by gases that degrade the oil, and also to dry out the excess moisture that forms in the exhaust system. Now, if you said to take a much longer ride, like 10 miles or more, then I agree.

P.S. It takes a mighty long time for the cars generating system to bring a low battery up to full charge.......more like hours of driving. ;)