How Do You Take The Rims Off?

v.i.p.

I just got set of club linea misterio with bolt pattern of 5 x 114.3mm (5x4.5) pattern and offset of 38 along the width of 8j.

REcently got them but I can't take off my oem rims because I can take off the 4 bolts but one why is that??. I want to put my rims on. I was wondering if anyone had this problem because it bug the crap out of me. Its just laying in my garage :/.

post-60260-1209532622_thumb.jpg

Finally a qn I can answer!

You need the special socket to remove that bolt. Theft deterrent locking wheel bolts.

I can't seem to find to find that bolt for the rims in my car??? do you have to buy it somewhere like the dealer.

Finally a qn I can answer!

You need the special socket to remove that bolt. Theft deterrent locking wheel bolts.

I can't seem to find to find that bolt for the rims in my car??? do you have to buy it somewhere like the dealer.

What you are looking for is a special adapter that has a 3-D mirror of the pattern that is on one of the wheel's lugs. It is usually packed somewhere in the spare tire well. It looks like a socket but actually fits inside of a wheel lug socket. Then it is fit to the face of the wheel lug and enables it to be turned.

If you can't find it you are in for a trip to a Lexus dealer since there are several different patterns on the head of those "lock" lug nuts.

is the one you can't get off a special lug??? or is it just over torqued

very nice wheels by the way

I got it for 500 with wheels and it look so bad from what I see on other cars. I probably find that bolt thingy in my spare tire area hopefully I have it. If its overtorqued does anyone have an air jack to get the lug fast, some of the lugs won't just budge. Really helpful.

...is there a special pattern to the lug that won't come off??? A special shape??? A different size??? If they're all identical you'll need a key.

are they aftermarket lugs??? or the stock ones??? Just trying to get some details to help.

If it's over torqued use a breaker bar and WD-40.

Soak it with penetrating fluid for a couple of hours. Don't necessarily need air. You can use a long piece of pipe over the tire iron to get leverage and slowly apply some weight by standing stand on it ... with a slight bounce if you need it.

...is there a special pattern to the lug that won't come off??? A special shape??? A different size??? If they're all identical you'll need a key.

are they aftermarket lugs??? or the stock ones??? Just trying to get some details to help.

The pattern of the lugs are normal except for one that need to be used by something special and they are the factory oem lugs that never been changed to aftermarket.

The pattern of the lugs are normal except for one that need to be used by something special and they are the factory oem lugs that never been changed to aftermarket.

I finally got my rims in and I had to buy new lugs :/. NOw I need to get springs to lower it.