A/c Air Conditioning Problem

RLis300

This one is kinds out there so here goes.....

I'm an avid DIYer so shops are LAST RESORTS..

It's getting kinda hot so today I turn on my A/C and presto.....no cold air.

I checked all my fuses..ok

I checked the relays...ok

I pressed the low and hi side of the a/c lines and nothing came out but my biggest concern...

I got my volt meter and checked the wires to the a/c compressor....NO POWER

What is this sh*t....its hot mayne!!! :angry:

Any thoughts....Its hard to find solutions when you're upset

Check the little air hose and temperature sensor that are behind the dash near your right knee. If these aren't connected the A/C won't work and will only blow hot air. The hose is behind the small round vent in the lower part of the dash.

Check the little air hose and temperature sensor that are behind the dash near your right knee. If these aren't connected the A/C won't work and will only blow hot air. The hose is behind the small round vent in the lower part of the dash.

Its connected.

*There is no power at the AC compressor....I checked wit a volt meter

See if your car has a MG CLT RELAY, it should be in the engine junction block. That relay gives you 12v to the compressor.

This is out of a RX300 haynes manual, may be similar to yours.

I pressed the low and hi side of the a/c lines and nothing came out but my biggest concern...

If your system is discharged you wont get 12v. the line sensors will disable the system, you could momentarily jumper 12v to the compressor and see if it turns on, but make sure you go to the right side of the circuit, you dont want to jumper 12v to ground. Still could be a relay, not turning on do to loss of coolent. the dual pressure switch may be deffective or no coolent and telling the Engine Control modulue to shut 12v off to the compressor motor.

If your system is discharged you wont get 12v. the line sensors will disable the system, you could momentarily jumper 12v to the compressor and see if it turns on, but make sure you go to the right side of the circuit, you dont want to jumper 12v to ground. Still could be a relay, not turning on do to loss of coolent. the dual pressure switch may be deffective or no coolent and telling the Engine Control modulue to shut 12v off to the compressor motor.

:D THANK YOU :D THANK YOU!! :D I didnt know it had a sensor to disable the 12v to the compressor. The A/C has no freon in it so it make PERFECT sense. I'll go buy some from an autoparts store or jump it to see if that works. THANKS :D

• 2 weeks later...

It works.... :D :D :D

I added a big bottle of freon from Advanced and it works...Thank GOD!!

I was getting tired of riding wit O.A. (Outside Air)

Thanks to my A.C. now I'm riding sweat free. LOL

• 2 months later...

Did you find out why it discharged in the first place? You almost certainly have a leak in the system. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'll need to take it to a reputable shop to have it checked out- otherwise you'll be adding 134a every few days!

Sorry you replied so late but the problem was back in Feb. Its August not and still rydin the cool life. It was discharged because the original owner discharged it to fix the front end. So no leaks, no shops, no money. I only spent $12. Thanks though.

Did you find out why it discharged in the first place? You almost certainly have a leak in the system. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'll need to take it to a reputable shop to have it checked out- otherwise you'll be adding 134a every few days!

• 11 years later...