Inconsiderate Door Dingers

Hello fellow members :)

I recently purchased a beautifully kept '06 IS 350 in mint condition and was extremely upset when I returned from a trip to KC to learn that my new ride had 3 "door dings" on the drivers side of the vehicle :angry: I typically park in BFE; however, the Denver airport has become so busy and garage parking sooooooo expensive that I parked in the economy lot (BIG mistake).

I contacted my local body shop and they referred me to a "travelling" car dent repair individual (Caropractor is the name of the business). Has anyone utilized one of these repair services? What was your experience?

Thanks for the help :D

as my 12 y/o daughter says..."Dad, you always park in no man's land"...there's a reason...

Anyway I used one of those "dent services" (not mobile, but at my body shop) to repair 3 seperate either door dings or rock dings. All were fixed incredibly. About $100 each time and can't see at all. I even had a dent removed in a rounded edge.

I've used the services of a dent repair person myself, and I think they're a God send. I got rid of a BMW with a huge door ding (and I parked in BFE, btw, and the dip$%^& still did it!), and it was in the rear wheel well. Can't fix it without drilling a hole and resanding the whole back panel. The wheel wells on BMW are double-skinned. Couldn't stand the sight of it, and got something else, lol.

The 3rd day I took my new car out it got 3 dings! I couldn't believe it. However, when you purchase the car they offer ding protection for 3 years. I then bought it for 5 years. They took out the dings, put some kind of protective coating on which they do every year, and I can bring it back whenever it gets another ding. Ironically, of course it is 4 months later and there have been no new dings, but you never know. I don't regret buying the ding and windshield protection.

BFE means, "Bum F**k Egypt"

Parking at the airport and I never leave my IS there. I let the wife use her Altima or the blazer we have. The 350 stays in the garage for the most part.

Hi - I bought my IS 250 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it. I park a million miles away - but everyone is pretty much used to that by now. Sorry for the dumb question but what does, "BFE" mean?

BFE means, "Bum F**k Egypt"

Parking at the airport and I never leave my IS there. I let the wife use her Altima or the blazer we have. The 350 stays in the garage for the most part.

Hi - I bought my IS 250 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it. I park a million miles away - but everyone is pretty much used to that by now. Sorry for the dumb question but what does, "BFE" mean?

Our other vehicle is an '07 ES 350, so either way I loose :( I have an appointment tomorrow to have the "dings" repaired. I may need to purchase an older vehicle for my airport trips so that I don't loose my mind.

I'm usually a very careful driver and can usually keep my car clean, but in 3 months I had my 07 IS350, I keep collecting dings and bumps and now, I got a cracked windshield. This model seems cursed.

When I first got my 2005 IS 300 I watched a child about 8 years old with autism swing the door out wide ding my driver door deep!!! I was furious,(inside), but what do you say or do in that scenario?? Atleast they offered and did pay for the ding removal. And yeah, they did an amazing job. I was so releaved when I saw the after. I tipped him 20 bucks on top of it. And then the next week brought my wifes car in and he removed all those, the car looked brand new again!!

I have a theory to "safer parking at the store". It's just an observation, but if most of us were to compare where again, most of our dings were, it's the driver and driverside passenger doors, and the passenger side passenger door. Most drivers own thier car( or make big payments to a bank that let's you drive it), and if they dinged your car, well, they would be denting thier own car as well, and I think most people don't try and do that. I don't care how bad a shape their car is already in. I think it's mostly kids. So, I allways try to park next to a van with sliding open doors, on the end of an isle, and favor the end to give a bit more room, or next to an even more expensive car. Haha! And of course far enouph out not to be contended with.

And I have quick question, if you park far enouph out in the middle of BFE, does it become ok to take two parking stalls? I allways want to but never do. I was just wondering.

Oh, and the safest way to park is to take our 98 NIssan Sentra, we call it the "Road Warrior," It never gets washed, and allways goes to the grocery store and anywhere I'm not comfortable taking the Lexus to. It's great, it even looks like it doesn't have insurance, so everyone stays away from it!!

How about a "bumper ding...self inflicted".

On Saturday I was running errands and in a hurry (mistake 1). I pulled into the the Wawa my nose towards the nose of a pickup truck that was about 6' feet infront. I stopped the car and jumped out...jumped out w/o either putting the car in park or pushing the off button (mistakes 2 & 3). As I shut the door I couldn't imagine why the pickup truck was moving...oh sh*t I was moving. I moved in what felt like ultra-slow motion to open the door and jump in the car. I got the door open, in and pushed the brake milli-seconds after car stopped because the pickup's tow ring was creating a softball size dimple in my front bumper.

I waited for the owner and we exchanged numbers....luckily I'm the only one w/damage.

Going on Thur for an estimate.

What can I say other than, "I am a dumb a**!" :cries:

no matter how far out you park there's that smart !Removed! that know's why you park out that far and he decides to park right next to you. All door dingers must be punished!!!lol.

Yellow-Scorpion,

Amen brutha! To answer Smooth1's earlier post, YES, I take up 2 spaces in BFE; however, it sometimes attracts the A-hole Yellow-Scorpion is referencing in this post. Unfortunately, I am not quite in a position to go out and purchaser the "clunker" I need to leave parked at the airport and to run errands around town :( So, for the next few months I will continue to employ as many tricks as I know to hopefully "avoid" the Inconsiderate Door Dinger crowd!

BaddBoi

How about a "bumper ding...self inflicted".

On Saturday I was running errands and in a hurry (mistake 1). I pulled into the the Wawa my nose towards the nose of a pickup truck that was about 6' feet infront. I stopped the car and jumped out...jumped out w/o either putting the car in park or pushing the off button (mistakes 2 & 3). As I shut the door I couldn't imagine why the pickup truck was moving...oh sh*t I was moving. I moved in what felt like ultra-slow motion to open the door and jump in the car. I got the door open, in and pushed the brake milli-seconds after car stopped because the pickup's tow ring was creating a softball size dimple in my front bumper.

I waited for the owner and we exchanged numbers....luckily I'm the only one w/damage.

Going on Thur for an estimate.

What can I say other than, "I am a dumb a**!" :cries:

Bummer - sorry to hear that PA350!

All,

I am a VERY happy car owner as I just finished inspecting and happily paying for my Paintless Dent Repair! The company here in Denver is Caropractor (pretty catchy huh?) and the owners name is Mark Phillips. He did an AMAZING job!!! He miraculously removed my 3 door dings (one of which was on the bend of my rear fender) for a total cost of $135!! Again, amazing work.

For anyone in Denver needing this service Mark's phone number is (303) 905-3527. I would HIGHLY recommend him.

Taking up two parking spaces attracts vandals like honey attracts flies. :(

Yeah, you have a good point there.

My parking strategy:

* Park out as far as practical (depends on how busy lot is)

* End spot

* Back in

* Put side closest to curb as close as possible to curb

Strategy as worked good for last few years. I agree with not using the "two spot" tactic. I've seen people go out of their way to show their displeasure with someone taking 2 spots (as stupid as that is!)

My parking strategy:

* Park out as far as practical (depends on how busy lot is)

* End spot

* Back in

* Put side closest to curb as close as possible to curb

Strategy as worked good for last few years. I agree with not using the "two spot" tactic. I've seen people go out of their way to show their displeasure with someone taking 2 spots (as stupid as that is!)

I try to park next to the nicest cars I can. I know for a fact when I get out I am careful not to ding others as I might chip my own. So I look for a car with no dings, preferably an expensive one that is washed clean.

I have heard horror stories about taking up two spots. It makes you an instant target for getting keyed.

BTW I just had a nasty door ding removed on my IS250, and the guy did a wonderful job for 65 bucks. My wife had 2 dings removed before for 100 bucks, and we recently picked up an 09 Murano, and the first week she had it, it got tagged with hail on the way to work. We were fortunate to only have 3 minor dings on the hood but still... she was very upset. I am taking her car in tomorrow to PDR, and the estimate was 75 bucks. Can't beat that!

Thanks for all the tidbits and tips! I will stop using the 2 spaces technique. Most of the other tips I do try to employ, except for the airport situation, as I have no choice unless I pay the astronomical price they charge for Valet parking. So, I will be looking for a reliable airport parker vehicle once my travel starts to pick up later this fall.

When I go to the big medical center in Huntsville I have to use the garage. I always drive all the way up and park on the roof. It's not protected by the weather, but not many people park there so I can usually find a place with several empty spaces on each side.