Gs350 Climate Control Question

I live in the Pacific Northwest (Portland) so I rarely use Air Conditioning. In fact I always keep the Climate Control system set to manual (Auto is Off) and set the Recirculate/Auto/External switch to External. This allows cool external air to filter into the cabin. I use temp control to warm the air if needed.

I have noticed about 70% of the time the Recirculate/Auto/External setting is automatically switched to Recirculate when I start the car. So I have to manual switch Recirculate/Auto/External back to the External setting (no Auto). And yes, Recirculate/Auto/External is set to External when I switch the car off and I have set the filter sensitivity (on Nav screen) to Low.

What’s more, a few days later, the Recirculate/Auto/External setting suddenly stays set to External when I start the car (which is what I wanted in the first place). Huh???? This cycle seems to repeat itself randomly; sometimes Recirculate/Auto/External is set to Recirculate and sometimes it is set to External when the car is started. I don’t understand this behavior. Does anyone have an explanation?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can explain this.....

I think it has to do with the outside temp vs the inside temp and where you set the temp setting. Say on a hot summer day, outside temp is 90 and inside temp is 110, it will switch to outside air intake to try to cool down the interior.