"shamwow" Towels To Dry The Car

I am with mburnikas. I use the Sonus Der Wunder drying towel. http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dwdt-2.html

Pkg of 2 for $24 and boy does it work!!!! I did my car and my wife's car and had a hard time wringing out any water and it dried them extremely well. Now, when I dried my windows, it left a little lint but nothing that I couldn't clean up.

Hope this helps!

I am with mburnikas. I use the Sonus Der Wunder drying towel. http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dwdt-2.html

Pkg of 2 for $24 and boy does it work!!!! I did my car and my wife's car and had a hard time wringing out any water and it dried them extremely well. Now, when I dried my windows, it left a little lint but nothing that I couldn't clean up.

Hope this helps!

Yup, I used these for the first time last Sunday, they work great! I used to use a Chamois, (man made one) that worked pretty well. But since I have been on this site, I wanted to try Der Wunder, and they are Der Wunderful!

Thanks to the people here who have posted on this subject, I went to Walmart and bought two microfiber towels and a microfiber washing mit. Wow, what a difference. I can dry the entire car (IS250) with one towel. I was amazed!

Um, the MF towels at Getto-mart are not the best here...

Yes, I read that, but I decided that I will pull a UTA (Used Towel Analysis) on them after several car washes. The test should provide a "base line" for future UTAs performed on the "recommended" brand. :P

All that, I just look for any scrathes. But this is from a person whom drinks clear/clean water. :D :rolleyes::cheers::cheers:

Go to some detailing sites and get some better towels.

Yes, I read that, but I decided that I will pull a UTA (Used Towel Analysis) on them after several car washes. The test should provide a "base line" for future UTAs performed on the "recommended" brand. :P

All that, I just look for any scrathes. But this is from a person whom drinks clear/clean water. :D :rolleyes::cheers::cheers:

Go to some detailing sites and get some better towels.

I use a product from wal mart called "The Absorber". Works great, and i have had 0 issues with paint scratching.

Thanks to the people here who have posted on this subject, I went to Walmart and bought two microfiber towels and a microfiber washing mit. Wow, what a difference. I can dry the entire car (IS250) with one towel. I was amazed!

Um, the MF towels at Getto-mart are not the best here...

:lol::lol::lol:

Is there any particular reason why the clear coat on these cars is so soft? I have never seen a paint job with this type of clear coat. I was involved in industrial coatings (powder and liquid) for a short while and find it difficult to understand why Lexus would paint a luxury vehicle that "scratches" when you wash it/dry it? I am obviously missing something. :huh:

Guess you do not detail many cars. Point is, some cars are rock hard and some are very soft. With VOC's that is what you get. For me, I do not have issues washing nor drying (on any model car etc).

Let's see VOC's.... so VOC's make some cars "rock hard and some very soft? Can you please explain more on this? I'm not sure I understand... it's been a few years since my college Organic Chem classes, and at my age refresher courses are always good.... so I'd appreciate any enlightenment, Mr. Wizard.

I remember you now, you are the guy with a 50K this and that, a 3 digit IQ etc. I am sure someone of your nature could figure out this all by yourself. Plus you are 60 years old and asking now?..You did not find these answers in your quest of life?

Is that because your paint is rock hard, or very soft? From your posts, you don't seem to have much of any problem, Mr. burnickas.

Maybe because I do not use Ghetto-Mart drying towels of my car. I shop at detailing places online since it is night and day (aka that is quality). I do not have many issues at all since I drink good water! LOL....

No problems here. In fact, do you see me asking any questions here?

...DC, riding along with the 10% off folks ha? LOL

Randy & MB

Put your dicks away...both of you. Its getting pathetic.

Anyways I've detailed hundreds of cars by many different manufacturers, Lexus paint is soft but its by no means the only manufacturer who has soft paint and its by no means the softest.

Its all relative. Harder paints are harder to scratch, but easier to chip and harder to polish. Softer paints are harder to chip but easier to scratch but easier to fix. Its all relative.

ALL paint will scratch when drying with crappy towels or when washing improperly or with crappy wash media, no matter how hard it is.

Randy & MB

Put your dicks away...both of you. Its getting pathetic.

I agree. a 60 year old and me!..Pretty sad but I am/was having fun :)......I agree with the crappy towel issue but this was how many days ago?

Wait, is you verbage a sign I must "report post".....LMAO..

• 2 weeks later...

I also started using derwunder MF towels they work gr8!

I sought out other MF towels at local car-care stores and could tell they had very little waffle, were cheaper and thinner.

Dang soft paint got me lot surface scratches for bringing it in to a car-wash (Live & learn I guess) but man can I get this baby shining!

I also think I see more 10 year old plus Lexus, with original paint that look spectacular than any other old car's out there, so maybe the soft paint wears well over time if properly cared for?

• 2 weeks later...
The absorber is nice but will still scratch as it cannot hold the dirt away from the paint .

Is there any particular reason why the clear coat on these cars is so soft? I have never seen a paint job with this type of clear coat. I was involved in industrial coatings (powder and liquid) for a short while and find it difficult to understand why Lexus would paint a luxury vehicle that "scratches" when you wash it/dry it? I am obviously missing something. :huh: