Crystal White Paint And Yellow Spots

I have a 2007 RX350 with crystal white paint. It was purchased Feb. 20, 2007 and was brought back to the dealer in early June for what looked like small rust spots in the paint. They used rubbing compound to get the spots out and said I should be all set. In August it was back again for more spots, same solution, more rubbing compound. This time I was told I could just stay on top of the spots at home by rubbing them out whenever they popped up and I was given a bottle of liquid spray wax to use after I was done with the rubbing compound. This is my 2nd RX, we have owned over a dozen Toyota vehicles, a couple of BMW M3's, ect., but we have never had to babysit a factory paint job before. One person at the dealership told us that it could be rail dust if it was brought in the train, but they wouldn't give me an invoice either time that it was brought in for yellow spots in the paint. I have called Lexus and the rep on the phone sounded like this is the first time they had ever heard of this problem. Anyone else have this problem with their paint and if so, is there anything Lexus did to correct this???

I have a 2007 RX350 with crystal white paint. It was purchased Feb. 20, 2007 and was brought back to the dealer in early June for what looked like small rust spots in the paint. They used rubbing compound to get the spots out and said I should be all set. In August it was back again for more spots, same solution, more rubbing compound. This time I was told I could just stay on top of the spots at home by rubbing them out whenever they popped up and I was given a bottle of liquid spray wax to use after I was done with the rubbing compound. This is my 2nd RX, we have owned over a dozen Toyota vehicles, a couple of BMW M3's, ect., but we have never had to babysit a factory paint job before. One person at the dealership told us that it could be rail dust if it was brought in the train, but they wouldn't give me an invoice either time that it was brought in for yellow spots in the paint. I have called Lexus and the rep on the phone sounded like this is the first time they had ever heard of this problem. Anyone else have this problem with their paint and if so, is there anything Lexus did to correct this???

You may want to post this problem in the detailing forum. The people that monitor posts in that forum might have some suggestions.

If it were indeed "rail dust" then a clay bar treatment should correct it. Does the paint surface feel rough at all or like there are invisible specks on the paint's surface? The clay bar will make it "baby butt" smooth. It is a place to start.