Tail Light Bulb Replacement

VBdenny

recently, I noticed a little orange indicator was illuminated on my dash. I looked it up to see what it meant and it was a bulb out indicator. I did a visual inspection and found out one of my right rear tail light bulbs was out. When I started looking around in the trunk, I thought, oh man this is going to be difficult. I got out my digital camera and started in.

I made a complete tutorial on how to do this but of course "you are not allowed to upload this type of file" showed up when I tried to post it. If anyone wants this or can tell me how to post it, please let me know. I have it in PDF format so anyone can view it.

• 7 months later...

Peter Craig Writes:

"I would like a copy of VB Denny's offer of a pdf file on changing a

Lexus LS 400 tail light.

How can I contact him. For whatever reason the e-mail links prohibit

contact through the board.

Help.

Thank you"

Peter:

What year is your LS?

it is slightly different in the Gen II which 95 LS is. all you have to do is open the trunk and depending on the bulb you want to replace you either

1. pull the velcro and you will have access to the bulb assembly. remove one screw with philips screw driver and pull out the bulb assembly.

2. if the bulb is in the outer part of the headlight you pop 2 screw covers and unscrew 2 screws with philips screw driver and the you just pull the whole leadlight assembly out from the car. now you locate the bulb and turn its assembly clockwise (maybe counterclockwise i dont remember:)) and pull the assembly out and remove the bulb. whole procedure takes 10 mins tops.

enjoy

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...