Avic-d3 Wire Harness

I just bought the Pioneer avic-d3 for my '04 Gs300. But I don't have the wire harness. Does anybody know who makes the wire harness for the unit and my car. Any links or info would help. I went to a custom shop in my area and they said they can make one but it will be costly.

I just bought the Pioneer avic-d3 for my '04 Gs300. But I don't have the wire harness. Does anybody know who makes the wire harness for the unit and my car. Any links or info would help. I went to a custom shop in my area and they said they can make one but it will be costly.

I had one put in my '03 GS 300 about 2 months ago. The wiring harness came with it. Have you tried contacting Pioneer? Outside of that the only thing I can think of is to check on eBay. Otherwise, it will have to be a custom job. For what it's worth, you'll love it when it's in.

Here is the mounting kit you will need: Just copy and paste the link http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-2005-LEXUS-GS-DBL...1QQcmdZViewItem

Metra doesnt offer a wiring harness from the car to the aftermarket radio you will probably have to have a local shop install it.

Vehicles with the Mark Levinson audio system, the amplifier is on the passenger side of the trunk. All other models, the amplifier is behind the glove box.

Right Rear Speaker (+/-) red - white +,- stereo component amplifier

Left Rear Speaker (+/-) black - yellow +,- stereo component amplifier

Right Front Speaker (+/-) lt. green - blue +,- stereo component amplifier

Left Front Speaker (+/-) pink - purple +,- stereo component amplifier

Power Antenna

Factory Amp Turn-on N/A

Radio Illumination lt. green + radio harness Most installers dont use hook this up

Radio Ignition gray + radio harness

Radio Ground white/black - radio harness

Radio 12V blue/yellow + radio harness

Here are the colors there is no warranty or guarntee to this information. This is from a very reliable site. I would recommend having a shop do the work.

post-63700-1209272090_thumb.jpg

I had one put in my '03 GS 300 about 2 months ago. The wiring harness came with it. Have you tried contacting Pioneer? Outside of that the only thing I can think of is to check on eBay. Otherwise, it will have to be a custom job. For what it's worth, you'll love it when it's in.

I just looked in the box again and there is a wire harness. but is it compatible to my car. Forgive me for being such a novice on this issue. Here's the pic of what I have. Should this be all I need?????????

post-63700-1209272090_thumb.jpg

I just looked in the box again and there is a wire harness. but is it compatible to my car. Forgive me for being such a novice on this issue. Here's the pic of what I have. Should this be all I need?????????

Those all go to the stereo. You want a harness that you can wire up to those wires and plug in to your factory harness. Unfortunately they dont make one. What I would recommend are red t-taps and male spades. you will t-tap to the factory wires and then you will put the male spades on the pioneers harness and then plug them in. You will also need to bypass the brake wire function so you can watch movies while driving. Remember doing the brake bypass is not legal. I hope this helps. you should be able to find a shop that will do this for a fair price.

I'm getting the Avic-D3 installed, along with the bluetooth adapter, Ipod cable connect, and Rear View camera. For the installation, the shop quoted me a price of $350 if they can find a harness. And if they have to customize a harness than the price will be $480. What do u think?

Are they providing the bluetooth adapter and the rearview camera and Ipod cable, mounting kit? Sounds like a good price. they will have to do a hardwire I cant find a harness that is compatible.

No they are just installing everything. I have the D3 unit, the camera, ipod cable, and Bluetooth adapter. I just need them to install it. I know the price would be alot cheaper if they didn't have to run the camera. But does the price still sound hefty?

No it isnt bad again im not in nyc so i dont know what the prices are there but it isnt bad. Are they providing the mounting kit? They will have to hardwire the stereo.

Yeah they are providing everything else. My appointment is for Saturday so hopefully all goes well. I will definitely give the update. After that is done I will go on to have all the speakers replaced. With most likely components up front. If anyone has good suggestions on speakers , I'd love to hear

Depending on what they carry a few nice line are JL or Cadence also Memphis or Cerwin Vega, Sound Stream is also nice. It really just depends on what you want to spend. You also have to remember that these speakers are able to hand le more wattage than your going to be giving them from your stereo so your not going to get the full potential. If you have the money to add a 4 channel amp while getting the work done you will have a world of difference. There are a couple also

Yeah I figured that. I thought about an amp. I gotta do my research on amps because I'm not too knowledgeable as I would like to be on Car Audio. theres this website thats pretty good. Millionbuyplus.com They got some real good deals and the products are new. This is where I purchased the equipment I have now. One more question here on this issue, If I change my speakers and buy an amp, then I basically have to buy a subwoofer ????

that would only make sense I guess????????

i ran diamond audio d3's in my es300 but for my gs i stepped up to diamond audio d6's! they are a little pricey but some of the best sound i have EVER heard! just my $0.02

brian :ph34r:

its a big shop. They look likethey do good work. I saw some cars they've done . They also do Sema in vegas every year. And I know that Sema doesn't have just any rinky dink shop at their show. The place is called Action Tire.

Got the Install done. Here is my review. And also here's some pics. I'll also post some more pics tomorrow of my car since I've never done that since I became a member. Minus well show off "the White Ghost" (thats what I call her).

1) Install looks clean, neat and everything.

2) Since this was a big shop, they have alot of celebrity clientele which is why I believe they are pretty pricey. I ending up paying about $520(taxes included) I'm not a celeb so I don't have the bankroll the rest of their clients have. :chairshot:

3) Of course I asked them to bypass the nav, so they charged me $50 bucks to do that, which wasn't cool.(I thought it was supposed to be a simple procedure-correct me if I'm wrong)

4) ***Problem*** After I picked the car up they showed me how to work everything, thought that we tested everything out but I failed to realize that my Factory Sub is not working at all. I don't know if they forgot to reconnect it or if it is wired wrong but I'm getting no sound from it. So I gotta go back there Monday to get that checked out and fixed. (But thats usually how my luck goes) :censored:

5) but other than that I'm happy with the rest of it. The unit works great, bluetooth , camera, and Ipod hookup. Unfortunately I have the Iphone and it doesn't work perfect with the Bluetooth, but I knew that before I purchased the D3. Calling and everything works but the phone book doesn't come up on the screen. But thats cool with me cuz I don't want any chicks seeing my phone book if they're in the car with me.

post-63700-1209977060_thumb.jpg

post-63700-1209977136_thumb.jpg

post-63700-1209977156_thumb.jpg

One more thing guys............... I'm from NyC. I live in Jersey now, but i'm literally 5 minutes from the city. Theres not much car theft or car breakins where I live , but in the city you know there is and certain parts of Jersey are notorious for this. and I'm in the city all the time. So I'm kinda concerned with the placement of my rear view camera becuz its quite visible and a car thief can easily see it and when they see it they will know what kind of equipment I have in my car. So I'm worried bout that. Any ideas of where I can put that camera (custom) so that I still have a good view backing up but the camera is hidden so that the average car thief or radio thief will not notice it.

post-63700-1209977732_thumb.jpg

bump.........everything looks nice and neatly installed EXCEPT that camera looks bobo.........u shoulda had them put it IN the rear key hole! anyways........we all know you wont have any women/girls in your car so no worries there! lol. hope u get sub fixed but all in all the install looks nice!

brian

bump.........everything looks nice and neatly installed EXCEPT that camera looks bobo.........u shoulda had them put it IN the rear key hole! anyways........we all know you wont have any women/girls in your car so no worries there! lol. hope u get sub fixed but all in all the install looks nice!

brian

I asked if they can put it in the keyhole but they said they couldn't , the camera is not made for that, they said. And I found out about the sub. Since there is no harness for my car, they had to make a custom harness. and the sub cannot be wired to the Avic-D3 , only the factory radio. So now I gotta scramble and get an aftermarket sub and try to get my sounds right in my car. this is costing me..

hahaha i dont wanna hear it........atleast u can replace your headunit! i have the ml package and all my ac/sound/nav EVERYTHING is controlled on my screen so when i inquired about upgrading my speakers/sub/amps/ipod radio/sirius and keeping my steering wheel buttons i had to use so much *BLEEP* it wasnt funny........the lpine hub was like 550 + like 135 for the alpine steering wheel controls and then some of the *BLEEP* still wopuldnt work on the nav screen right! so i have saidf *BLEEP* it right now.........i bought my diamond d6's for this car but have yet to put them in cause of this!

brian

Damn I feel for you man. Thats the exact reason I didn't buy a GS with Nav. I knew it would be a "B" to do custom work on . Where I am now with this project is.............. I'm gonna buy an amp and a shallow sub that will fit in the same fixture as the the factory subwoofer.

pioneer makes a great shallow sub.........its called the ts-sw1241d BUT this is a 12" sub and your factory is a 10. i was gonna fit it and a small box in the trunk! it fits great and the sub has plenty of room for a small box i was gonna have made!

yeah i was gonna install the sc-c1 Sirius universal tuner 49.99, kca-sc100 alpine Sirius radio interface 69.99, kce-422l alpine full speed ipod cable 20.00, avdhd audiovox 1/2 din dvd player 239.99, ts-sw1241d pioneer 12" shallow mount sub woofer 169.99, had decided between the alpine hub for the video interface and the peripheral unit. peripheral was like 400, peripheral steering wheel controls 76.50, compared to alpine's hub 500, and the alpine steering wheel controls 100 (alpine's had more features as i was trying to retain using everything i could on my touch screen) plus installing my diamond audio d6 component sets/crossovers 115, installing amp for components (its a older model eclipse forgot which one) and a amp for the sub (its a alpine with digital readout but i forgot which one),installing my sub/capacitor 35, building custom box with the right specs for my trunk/sub and painting it 120 (was gonna do fiberglass but no point no1 will see it!

so yeah my grand total was like some where around 2300 even with me supplying the component, the amp for them, the capacitor. so, so far i have scrapped this idea! i wanted to pull the nav out and just get a regular nav but i cant since my heat/air/everything is controlled by that damn thing! really just wanting to have my diamond audio d6 components and the sub installed but i think even thats gonna be a pain in the !Removed!! not to mention the rear view camera i wanted to do!

brian

• 1 year later...