Ipod And Tires For '95 Ls400

mac95ls400

I have a, new to me, '95 LS400 with Nak and want to add the IPod. Was willing to lose the cd changer but thinking the switch idea with the chargeable cable would be great.

What is current hot method for this procedure?

Loving this car. Feels like new. Going to run the sea foam or power foam through it soon. Right at 100k and about to do the timing belt, water pump, tune up but want to blow it out before new plugs go in.

Secondary question in what is good set of easy handling but quite tires? Michelins on it now but NEED replacing.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

Mac

The advanced search feature of this and other Lexus forums is useful for finding information you are seeking.

"Current hot method" for connecting an iPod? Here is a method on another forum: http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269156

Apparently there is not enough demand to lead the main interface companies to provide a solution for older Lexus cars. IMO, the really "hot method" is to replace the Lexus audio system with an aftermarket double DIN audio system that has a built-in iPod interface and much more.

If your car is running OK, I would not bother with "Sea Foam". These are usually clean running cars and have sophisticated fuel injection systems and electronics. 100K is low mileage for an LS.

www.tirerack.com is a good place to view tire ratings from buyers. The ratings on Tire Rack - sometimes from thousands of customers - will likely be more relevant that the limited feedback you will receive on this forum.

Loving this car. Feels like new. Going to run the sea foam or power foam through it soon. Right at 100k and about to do the timing belt, water pump, tune up but want to blow it out before new plugs go in.

Secondary question in what is good set of easy handling but quite tires? Michelins on it now but NEED replacing.

I find seafoam through the intake to be a waste of time. I think the high praises on all of these forums comes more from a sort of placebo effect due to all of the smoke coming out rather than real change. I've never tried Amsoil Power Foam though.

Most people seem to buy Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohamas, Dunlops, Goodyear, or BFG. I have BFGs on my car, and I love them.

Apparently there is not enough demand to lead the main interface companies to provide a solution for older Lexus cars. IMO, the really "hot method" is to replace the Lexus audio system with an aftermarket double DIN audio system that has a built-in iPod interface and much more.
Jim, when are you going to pull the trigger and go for the multifunction nav??? :D

Blake

Jim, when are you going to pull the trigger and go for the multifunction nav??? :D

Blake

If Factory Car Stereo Repair in Florida had not been able to fix my Nak a few weeks ago, then I would have replaced it with a double DIN. I've gotta say that Bob Randall, owner of that Florida radio repair shop is a great guy. Wonderful customer service!

We all know i love seafoam , i do find most people do use it so it does nothign as the engine is too hot and it evaporates.

i have the cable added to a 3.5mm jack and manually switch it from the changer to my xm and ipod. Works great and sounds better.