Failed Tests After Installing Hitch

7hookup

I installed a OEM lexus hitch on my 2005 RX330. It looks great and was very simple to install. I followed directions to a T. I can not seem to figure out why I get no light to my trailer. The trailer lights on the trailer work however I get nothing from the hitch. My vehicle is tow wiring prepped but can't find any resources on figuring out the problem. I double and tripled checked the connection but get no results. I am going insane. Please Help. :(

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

A 2001 with a towing prep package required 3 things to get the trailer lights to function. I am assuming 2005 is the same and you are using the factory setup and not splicing into existing llight wires. First you need the pigtail that plugs in under the car and runs to the hitch. Second you need the control module that mounts up in the spare tire well and plugs into a connector there. Last you need to add the a fuse in the fuse box.

I installed a OEM lexus hitch on my 2005 RX330. It looks great and was very simple to install. I followed directions to a T. I can not seem to figure out why I get no light to my trailer. The trailer lights on the trailer work however I get nothing from the hitch. My vehicle is tow wiring prepped but can't find any resources on figuring out the problem. I double and tripled checked the connection but get no results. I am going insane. Please Help. :(

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

This post has a lot of information and has a PDF file of the installation instructions.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry254728

The fuse idea from mikey00 sounds like a good place to start. Maybe the original fuse, if installed, blew. The trailer hitch wiring harness may have grounded somehow during installation.

The electrical should just be a plug-in under the luggage compartment by the driver's side rear wheel well but considerable disassembly is needed to gain access to it. A converter box is only used if the RX was not towing prepped by the factory. Older models may have a visible converter box but the 2005 doesn't as far as I know.

Check the electrical response at the plug-in under the luggage compartment. The car has to be running. Checking a turn signal should be enough to tell you if there is power to the plug. Then the search can be continued from there either back to the trailer or forward to the wiring harness.

Don't simply splice into the wires as used to be done on American cars. The LED lights have different voltage issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I went back and rechecked everything...I did end up needing a Block Assembly, Junction Part # 82670-0E040. I changed out the block it had, it looked identical however now my trailer lights now work. After finding the parts on ebay and craig's list the whole thing...OEM hitch and junction block cost me $250. I did not pay for any labor and everything was easy to install. :D

• 4 years later...

I went back and rechecked everything...I did end up needing a Block Assembly, Junction Part # 82670-0E040. I changed out the block it had, it looked identical however now my trailer lights now work. After finding the parts on ebay and craig's list the whole thing...OEM hitch and junction block cost me $250. I did not pay for any labor and everything was easy to install. :D

I know this thread is old... Anyone know where the junction block assembly is located? My 2005 RX330 does not have the tow prep package.