Replacement Struts/abs And Trac Warning Lights

I am new at this and need some help!! I posted question on this topic on April 18 and have 49 hits but no responses. I have seen several references in the forum to ABS light on and flashing TRAC light after strut replacement but nothing specific to my question regarding the replacement of elctronic struts with non-elctrronic. I'm sure there must be someone out there who has had the same experience and would like to know if there is a fix at a reasonable cost. I couldn't justify spending more then $3500 to replace struts on a 10 year old car!!

I have checked all the ABS wheel sensors and non apperar to have been damaged or loosened during the instalation of the struts so I can only assume that the problem is that the ABS/TRAC system requires some signal from the elecrtonic struts. If this is the case, then the possible solutions would seem to be to either reprogram the ABS system to indicate there are not electronic struts on the car (if this is possible), or to in some way simulate the presence of electronic struts by adding resistance/reactence between some of the open contacts.

Another question, does the ABS light and flashing TRAC light definately mean that those systems are not functioning?? It is hard to test on dry pavement and hopefully it will be a long time before we get snow/ice again.

Would appreciate thoughts, experience from any of you smart and loyal Lexus Owners.

Thanks,

Paul

I have a Haynes Repair Manual that lists the trouble codes and attempted to check it out by shorting the two contacts as instructed. The light just stayed on (rather then flashing) which the book indicates to be an "ECU" malfunction.

Paul

Hi I have the same exact problem

installed Gr2's

and then blam the trac light and abs light come on

thinking the same thing on somehow jumpering or adding a variable resistor

There is hope there seem to be guys on Clublexus who are both canadian that i've seen post

who have taken out their EMS shocks and somehow bypassed both lights because they haven't mentioned them

trying my best to figure out myself

You need to check those speed sensors at the wheels, YOu should read some resistance and as you turn the wheel it should pulse. Unplug the sensors and measure from ground to all connections in the speed sensor, If you have continuity, replace the sensor. I cant confirm that the resistance across the speed sensor is 1400 to 1800 ohms....

I ohm'd out the two terminals for the front's 1.6kohm and rears where i'm reading most of the trouble is because broken wires

nothing open circuit

so now i'm stuck with buying the sensors at around 260$ a piece

looking to see if the camry sensor are the same or not

I ohm'd out the two terminals for the front's 1.6kohm and rears where i'm reading most of the trouble is because broken wires

nothing open circuit

so now i'm stuck with buying the sensors at around 260$ a piece

looking to see if the camry sensor are the same or not

i got sensors for a 92-96 let me know if your still looking thanks and good luck.