F Sport Parts - Anyone Done This Yet?

I just had the F-Sport springs installed. They're much stiffer than stock, and the increased stiffness really shows when going over speed bumps. I haven't had a chance to really push the car yet, but from the few corners I did throw the car through, handling is much better. This is how our cars should have come stock.

I'm glad you started this thread as I'm thinking about F bits for my '07 IS350, but probably not until the stock shocks need replacing. I'll pass on the louder exhaust that probably doesn't add power, but I'd like to improve the handling and the brakes if the price isn't prohibitive. Better tires usually give the most bang for buck, but even at moderate pace my car has too much body roll. The brakes are reasonably effective but a bit spongy. The biggest deficit, compared to the class leading BMW 3 series, is the steering feel and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an F-sport fix for that. I get just about zero feedback from the wheel, with a disconnected feeling that almost seems like an FWD car.

Great thread. I contacted my "Stealership" about 2 weeks ago and they don't have a clue :( They couldn't provide me with pricing or with an ETA on when they might receive the F-Sport parts. IMO they should add an ECU to this list so that it is a warrantable item :) That is the only reason I would pay for these items as they do not void the manufacturers warranty!

I was at the dealership yesterday dropping off my car. I was looking at the new F-type 19" wheels. The parts person was with someone and couldn't look it up, but "thinks" they're right around $500 apiece. Ouch. Mind you, I'd need new tires, as well.......

Anyways, I thought about doing some of this, just for a second......lol!

lexus_f_sport_performance_accessory_line10.jpg

F-Sport 22, 5-Spoke Wheel Set - LX 570

Price

$2,780.00

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_det...97110&all=Y

Lexus is sorely missing the mark on their F-Sport line! I guess they don't understand economics very well. At a reasonable price they are more apt to have a higher volume, thus higher profits. If you were to add the entire F-Sport line of accessories I think you would top the price of an IS-F, where is the sense in that?

I just received a quote from my Stealership on the cold air intake - $541.45 installed. This pricing is absolutely ridiculous!!! Does anyone know if a NON Lexus dealer can install the F-Sport parts and it still be covered under warranty?

I just received a quote from my Stealership on the cold air intake - $541.45 installed. This pricing is absolutely ridiculous!!! Does anyone know if a NON Lexus dealer can install the F-Sport parts and it still be covered under warranty?

The intake should be easy enough to install yourself. I had the airbox out when I installed my HID kit. Installing the pipe itself is straightforward. Look for one of the DIY posts on installing HID and you'll find the airbox removal instructions. I think the warranty should be ok since it's a Lexus approved part.

anyone know how much the dealer is charging to put the F Springs on. i have a 250 awd

Not sure about AWD, but I called up the dealer, and they quoted me 7 hours of labor, which came to about $860 for springs install, and another $130 for the alignment for my 250 RWD. I just took it to a mechanic and had it all installed for much less.

The intake should be easy enough to install yourself. I had the airbox out when I installed my HID kit. Installing the pipe itself is straightforward. Look for one of the DIY posts on installing HID and you'll find the airbox removal instructions. I think the warranty should be ok since it's a Lexus approved part.

A little explanation about the warranty. If installed before retail delivery, parts are covered for the same time as the new car limited warranty. Installation by Lexus dealer after retail delivery is warrantied for 12 months . Accessories purchased over the counter are also warrantied for only 12 months.

A little explanation about the warranty. If installed before retail delivery, parts are covered for the same time as the new car limited warranty. Installation by Lexus dealer after retail delivery is warrantied for 12 months . Accessories purchased over the counter are also warrantied for only 12 months.

slight correction: if installed by a Lexus dealer after retail delivery, the part is warranted for 12 months or the remainder of your limited vehicle warranty, whichever is longer.

I think the concern is about aftermarket self installed parts affecting the overall car warranty.

Hahahaha!!

I just called the Lexus dealership here in Orlando. HAhahahahahaha!!! They just quoted me ( Get this!) $780.00 to purchase and install the I-Pod interface unit!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!

I can get the unit for $197.00 and install it myself!!

Does anyone know how much HP gain one should get with F-Sport Performance Air Intake? Below is a video of the intake install for anyone who is looking to do it themselves.

Thanks

Gabe

Probably zero, just like all the other air intakes for the 2IS

Well, you might see 3-5 hp from the smoother tube, but you'd see the same from the Joe Z intake for $200-300 less money

Does anyone know how much HP gain one should get with F-Sport Performance Air Intake? Below is a video of the intake install for anyone who is looking to do it themselves.

Thanks

Gabe

Well, you might see 3-5 hp from the smoother tube, but you'd see the same from the Joe Z intake for $200-300 less money

Very true. And yeah, the Joe Z is the way better option here.

Thanks

Gabe

Very true. And yeah, the Joe Z is the way better option here.

Will the Joe Z void the factory warrantee? Also, would you recommend running an HKS filter with the Joe Z intake pipe?

I got the JoeZ pipe with a Blitz filter. It's got to be the best bang for the bucks. I had JoeZ and a TRD filter on my IS300 as well. If I had to go back for warranty work I'd just put the stock back on.

We just bought an 08 is 250 and had them install the muffler and F series wheels. The car came with the X package and we opted to install the rear spoiler. We were the first to have the F stuff in sacramento which felt nice for a week or so. When I asked the dealer Id like to have my stock exhaust back they questioned why I would want it.....? Its brand new. You'll see it on ebay or craigs list soon. The exhaust has a nice tone and its not an annoying vibrating humm that you hear with alot of aftermarket exhausts. Clear bra is next.

I stand corrected. I assumed this was the "installed" price; however, I was just informed by the service department that this is just for the CAI and does NOT include installation! What a ripoff! Also, the exhaust was quoted at $1,500 NOT including installation.