Leaky Fuel Bar

dianadiesel

Hello!

This forum has helped me so many times that I don't know what I would do without it! I have been searching around and am not able to find the answer so I hope someone can give me some advice...

I had to replace my starter which as most of you know is not an easy or quick job. Well, after putting everything back I noticed that my fuel bar is leaking. What can I do here? I heard somewhere that it can be remounted with some sort of product in a tube to stop the leak. I know silicone can't be used b/c obviously the gasoline eats at it. Can anyone HELP??

Thank you!!

Did you use new gaskets on the fuel pipe union joints? The manual states the gaskets are not reuseable, however I have not had to do this job (thankfully, it looks involved) so I don't know what the gaskets are made off. Some crushable ones will leak when reused even when you have done the connection up tight.

I don't think a gunk fix is a good idea other than for a temporary "get it home" scenario. I hope you get to the cause soon.