Rear Door Opened By Itself?

kb111

I have a 2005 RX330. Tonight I parked my car in a public parking lot. Prior to walking away, I closed the trunk and locked the car. I'm usually always extremely careful when leaving the car, making sure all doors are shut and locked.

After being gone for 1.5 hours, as I'm walking back to my car (from a good distance) I see that my trunk door is wide open. At first, I thought somebody had broken in, but nothing was taken. It appears at some point, my trunk door opened by itself. The other doors to the car were locked.

Has anybody ever seen anything like this happen before?

thanks.

I dont know about the RX330 but the 300 has the feature of all windows and sunroof open with the flic of the remote. Are you sure you didnt trigger it that way. I know my wife came out to her car one day and saw everything open. She didnt realize the opening feature......

I dont know about the RX330 but the 300 has the feature of all windows and sunroof open with the flic of the remote. Are you sure you didnt trigger it that way. I know my wife came out to her car one day and saw everything open. She didnt realize the opening feature......

Thanks Lenore for the info. I do know about the automatic opening feature. One thing that is interesting, the rear door will not open unless all other doors are unlocked. When I arrived at my car, the rear door was wide-open, but the other doors were locked. This leaves me feeling uneasy about leaving my car unattended.