98 Ls400 Vibration

ed79

I recently installed a new set of rims and tires on my 98 Ls400 (17''American eagle series 193 and Khumo 235-55-17) the stock 16'' michelins rode great but the car needed a little more sporty looking rims I thought. After the swap there was a bad vibration in the steering wheel at say 65-75mph, the tire shop found that the front wheels were out of balance 1/2 oz, steering wheel vibe went away, but after that I still noticed a vibration through the whole car, so bad the passenger head rest shakes at 75-80 mph. After balancing yet again and finding a rear wheel with no weights whatsoever the vibe was maybe 50% better. An alighnment was done ,now the steering wheel is not straight and still a vibration, I'm at whits end ,the car has been to the tire shop 4 times and still doesnt drive nice at highway speeds. I would really appreciate some help, this car is a great driving car but at 75 it is annoying to drive. thanx Ed

I recently installed a new set of rims and tires on my 98 Ls400 (17''American eagle series 193 and Khumo 235-55-17) the stock 16'' michelins rode great but the car needed a little more sporty looking rims I thought. After the swap there was a bad vibration in the steering wheel at say 65-75mph, the tire shop found that the front wheels were out of balance 1/2 oz, steering wheel vibe went away, but after that I still noticed a vibration through the whole car, so bad the passenger head rest shakes at 75-80 mph. After balancing yet again and finding a rear wheel with no weights whatsoever the vibe was maybe 50% better. An alighnment was done ,now the steering wheel is not straight and still a vibration, I'm at whits end ,the car has been to the tire shop 4 times and still doesnt drive nice at highway speeds. I would really appreciate some help, this car is a great driving car but at 75 it is annoying to drive. thanx Ed

I'm having the same vibration, I put new tires and rims on and put 3000 miles on them went to lexus for a oil change,tire rotation. when i got it back the steering wheel shakes at highway speed and I feel a vibration. I think they might have left off one of the hubcentering rings or stuck two on one wheel. mine where only plastic .

attachment=9326:LS_430_after004.jpg][

post-34562-1209100682_thumb.jpg